iPhone 6 Not Recieving Text from Samsung Galaxy 3
M-spatial
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife has an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.3 and she uses Verizon Wireless.  Her message set up is "iMessage" enabled, "Send as SMS" enabled, "MMS Messages" enabled, and "Group Messages" enabled.

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 8.4 and I use AT&T (my work phone).  My message set up is "iMessage" enabled, "Send as SMS" enabled, "MMS Messages" enabled, and "Group Messages" enabled.

Our niece has a Samsung Galaxy 3 running Android KitKat 4.4.2 and she uses Sprint.

Our niece receives text messages from my wife and tries to reply but her text messages are not delivered to my wife.

But, I can send/receive text messages from both my niece and my wife.

So, the problem appears to be either iOS 8.3 or with Verizon Wireless delivery of text messages from Sprint.  I plan to upgrade her to iOS to 8.4.1, but in the meantime are there any other settings that I should try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 Not Recieving Text from Samsung Galaxy 3
M-spatial
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank-you for both of your suggestions.  The phone number was checked. 

I have no idea how this happened, but somehow my wife blocked our niece's phone number (under "Settings>Messages>Blocked" setting).  Once we cleared this, it solved the problem.  So obvious that I should have thought of this first.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

GO back to the iPhone settings and look at what is checkEd under 'send and receive'. It must have both phone number and Apple ID checked.  The phone number is required for non iPhone communication Via SMS.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Just to clarify a little...you do NOT have to have the Apple ID checked unless you want to use that as a method for people to contact you. You do have to have the phone number checked or messages won't go to non-iDevices.

0 Likes
M-spatial
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank-you for both of your suggestions.  The phone number was checked. 

I have no idea how this happened, but somehow my wife blocked our niece's phone number (under "Settings>Messages>Blocked" setting).  Once we cleared this, it solved the problem.  So obvious that I should have thought of this first.

0 Likes