iPhone 6 Plus purchased in India, compatibility with Verizon?
happyindian1

Hello All,

I friend on mine recently came to the States on work assignment, I added him to my Verizon plan but his iPhone 6 plus does not seem to connect to Verizon services. We have tried resetting the network setting, doing soft reset and a hard reset too none seem to work. I had assumed that in iPhone 6 and later Apple has added the option using GSM and CDMA sims, is my assumption wrong? What do I need to do so that his iPhone starts to work on Verizon network? The phone was purchased brand new as a unlocked device in India.

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Plus purchased in India, compatibility with Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happyindian1, it is very kind and generous of you to add a line for your visiting friend. We would love to provide for his wireless needs. The iPhone 6Plus is a global phone that may be used on both GSM and CDMA. Have you installed a Verizon Wireless SIM card in the device? If so, are you receiving a specific error message? Please share details so we may get your friend up and running again.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
happyindian1

Hello LorenB,

Yes we did put the Verizon sim in his phone and it starts with showing Verizon on top left but then changes to 'No Service'.

After some time there is pop-up asking to call the Tech Support number. This routine has happened multiple times...

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happyindian1-

Let's get that phone connected and in the Verizon network.  Smart phones are great devices and getting your friend in the loop is our goal.  Has the phone had servcie at all since a sim card was inserted into the device?  When the phone displays no service is the phone connected to Wi-Fi or our network? 

EmmaM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
happyindian1

EmmaM,

The phone has never been able to connect to Verizon service. I have tried many times so when the phone displays 'No Service' it was connected to Wi-Fi and at times it was not connected to Wi-Fi as well. It has never been successfully connected to Verizon network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happyindian1-

Your phone service should be the least of your worries.  I'm here to get the phone back on the yellow brick road.  I sent you a private message so that I can assist further.  Looking forward to your response. 

EmmaM_VZW

0 Likes