iPhone 6 Plus
j1008
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered a Silver iPhone 6 plus 64GB on 9/19 with a ship date of 10/24 it's now 10/27 and nothing.  I'm more than aggravated at this point. I've received no update from Verizon as to what's going on.  I talked to a CSR the middle of Oct. and he told me it would ship out well before 10/24.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Plus
giants10kyle
Contributor - Level 1

I would call customer service and fours out what's going on with your phone. I heard that the shipment that's supposed to go out on 10/24 was delayed until November. Dial *611, then press 3 for technical support, then press 2. If it asks you to give a verbal response as to what you need assistance with say customer representative. Then just keep pressin 0 til it transfers you to a live person

0 Likes
trantham2
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I ordered mine (same model as you) on 9/21 with a ship date of 10/31. I talked to someone at Verizon yesterday and she said Verizon was suppose to get a huge shipment to fulfill orders on 10/24 and yeah they didn't get it. She said most dates have been pushed into November. Mine hasn't changed yet, but she said it was not likely I would receive my phone until sometime in November, but anything is possible.

Verizon should keep people updated a little better, but honestly I don't think its their fault. Apple screwed this up for everyone by not producing enough phones. I think Verizon is hopeful these orders will come into them so they can get them out to us, but again this is Apple's fault.

hmmmmmmmm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine was supposed to ship 10/24 too and got an e-mail 10/25 saying they had insufficient stock and the new date was 11/3

0 Likes
j1008
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called customer support and they said the new ship date is 10/31 or 11/3.  They said they sent out an email on 10/24 which I never received.  Apparently they are waiting on a shipment from Apple to fulfill the outstanding orders.  If it doesn't ship out on the new dates given.  Definitely not getting my hopes up.

0 Likes
VW23464

Same problem here - ordered my 6 on 10/4 with an expected ship date of 10/24. When that passed I called, and they said they were supposed to ship "this week" - my order status still showing an expected ship date of 10/24.

Someone posted earlier that it is probably Apple's fault - but then again, my boss ordered 2 6's from AT&T early last week and they were delivered on Friday. Go figure!

I know delays can happen - just keep us posted!

0 Likes
disrupttheparadigm
Enthusiast - Level 3

That would be correct, it appears Space Gray was a large majority of back orders to recently arrive, I am guessing Silver then Gold are next. From there I imagine it will just be regular mixed batches. There was a lot of demand for certain color/GB options, causing things to pile up in manufacturing. Hopefully you see your phone soon! Good Luck!

0 Likes
ultraww

Very upset that the ship date for my 6 Plus has gone from 10/31 to 11/3.  I realize Apple as the manufacturer has to deal with the overwhelming demand versus supply, but the communication (or more accurately lack of) from Verizon is extremely upsetting.  I ordered through Verizon to get the $200 gift card, and now wish I ordered directly through Apple.  very tempting to just cut my losses and go to another carrier, who are offering similar if not better incentives to trade in older iPhones.

0 Likes
coastalshelb
Enthusiast - Level 3

they just told me that since mine was expected to ship 10/24, that it will ship tomorrow and then I should get charged and receive an email.

0 Likes