iPhone 6 Rebate is a SCAM.
AntonioK2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

The iPhone 6 Rebate Program is a SCAM. There is no doubt about it after my experience and then seeing others here. Here is my scenario:

I purchased an iPhone 6 in September and of course it was back ordered. I was told (without any inquiry) that I could qualify for a $200 rebate for my iPhone 4 with the purchase. Great; the guy at the counter inspects my phone and tells me that the phone looked like it may have water damage, so Verizon would ship me a perfectly working iPhone 4 if I just traded in my iPhone 4 and then I could use the new iPhone 4 to receive the $200. OK.

I get the new iPhone 4 in the mail a few days later and send them my iPhone 4. My new iPhone 6 arrived in October 2014 and I set it up and send my iPhone 4 packing to Verizon. Here we are at November 11, 2014 and NO rebate. I call Verizon and the rep dances around my inquiry. The rep finally says they can check my status by my phone number and calling an additional number. I wait 20 minutes, and the rep comes back and says that my rebate posted in an email to me on Oct 28, 2014. WTF??? No it didn't. They then say to check my spam folder an dcall some other number who handles the rebate.

See the B.S. stacking on the wall? I call that number and they ask for some ID number crap. I give them my return ID number and again they say it was sent, BUT, on October31, 20144. HA HAAA. Not so nice Verizon.

I call Verizon rep again to check, complain, find out the real deal and he says Verizon just doesn't handle this. BUL CA CA....WHY? Why would your in-store rep offer it then, why would you have a rebate that you don't manage, why would it NOT be associated with my phone number, why why WHY????

Because this is a SCAM by Verizon and Apple, BUT, they won't win with me. I'll be cancelling my contract and contacting the BBB ASAP. You should too. LIARS, CHEATS, and BS company. Too friggin big for their britches; this always happens with monopoly companies...Verizon SUCKS!!!!!

Labels (1)
Re: iPhone 6 Rebate is a SCAM.
BryMA

I sent my iphone 4s IN PERFECT CONDITION back on 9/30/2014 and STILL NO REBATE TODAY IS 12/11/2014 .  I THINK I WAS SCAMMED

0 Likes
treball23

I got scammed too!!! I've been waiting for over 2 months for my rebate check as well! Looks like Verizon might have a bigger case on their hands than they realized. I'm thinking I might go to a local news station because clearly our voices aren't being heard. It sucks because I've been with this company for about 10 years now and this is the pay back I get.

0 Likes
AntonioK2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

treball23,

I can't believe Verizon hasn't attempted to squash this BUT, check if you originally opened your Verizon account under an old email address. I found out (because I wasn't letting this go) that they sent the rebate in an email to a VERY old account that I used years ago to open my Verizon account. I believe THAT in itself is another tactic used to collect the checks back at their expiration date because I have updated my email long ago and they know where to send my bill, but not my rebate check??? Hope this helps you.

0 Likes
AntonioK2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

BryMA,

Same thing as I replied to treball23! Hope it works out for you.

0 Likes
Briiii

They told me the confirmation number I was given online after registering my old phone for the rebate was invalid. "Sorry, we don't recognize that number." Really?! Cause that's the number you sent back to me with the phone return envelopes you shipped to my home. Now they have our $ for the new iPhone AND our old iPhones. I've called repeatedly, been transferred to a "manager" only to be...wait for it...hung up on every time. Such a scam. I will be calling the BBB and maybe a lawyer friend since it's clearly happening to so many people.

0 Likes
jce13jce
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK  I SURRENDER SO INSTEAD OF THE 200 DOLLAR REBATE I RECIEVED A 70 DOLLAR ONE AFTER NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS AND E-MAIL AND GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH TIME I WASTED SINCE DECEMBER THE 1PHONE 4S WAS SENT IN SEPTEMBER WHEN THE REBATE OFFER FIRST STARTED.  SO I GUESS I SHOULD JUST STOP BOTHERING YOU WITH WHAT IS RIGHT AND JUST SETTLE FOR WHAT YOU DECIDED TO REIMBURSE ME. YOUR REBATE PEOPLE DROPPED THE BALL. I'VE BEEN A VERIZON CUSTOMER FOR A LONG TIME THIS WILL PROBABLY MEAN THE END OF OUR RELATIONSHIP WHEN MY CONTRACTS EXPIRE YOUR LOSS.
I WOULD EMAIL YOU COPIES OF ALL THE TIMES I CONTACTED THE REBATE CENTWER BUT AFTER AN HOUR I COULDNT FIND AN ADDRESS

JOE ENDICOTT

0 Likes
DrSFG
Enthusiast - Level 1

What I did was apply my rebate to my bill. I had an iPhone 5 in November 2012, and purchased an iPhone 6 for $199 with a new two-year contract at exactly the same price and features as before in November 2014. When I received my new iPhone, I set it up and the brought the old iPhone to Verizon. They looked at it, said everything was okay and then they said they would apply the $200 rebate to my account, which they did, so I had a credit balance on the bill. They even returned the case and other pieces I had for the phone. All they wanted was the phone. I essentially got the new phone for free. Since I use the phone for business as well as home, I didn't mind signing a new contract. It didn't make a difference where the $200 went because my service is either paid through my credit card or, in this case, paid by Verizon. And in two years, I'll probably switch to the iPhone 7, assuming they have the same kind of deal.