iPhone 6 and Sim card
wurliuchi
Enthusiast - Level 2

My friend had her purse stolen and iPhone was inside. No insurance and contract is not due for another 14 months, so have to pay full retail for a replacement. I found a used iPhone 6 (2014)(Verizon) that I want to buy for her but it doesn't have a Sim card. Can I buy any blank Sim card that fits or do I need a specific Sim card from Verizon? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 and Sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello wurliuchi! I'd be happy to answer your questions! Different devices do use different types of SIM cards. You can pick up a SIM card for your specific device at any Verizon corporate store for free. http://spr.ly/6586hPFn

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello wurliuchi! I'd be happy to answer your questions! Different devices do use different types of SIM cards. You can pick up a SIM card for your specific device at any Verizon corporate store for free. http://spr.ly/6586hPFn

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Weth
Legend

When the phone arrives, take it to Verizon corporate store and they will give you a new Verizon SIM card for free and activate the phone.

You can't just pick up any SIM card.

Did you take precautions that the phone you are buying is clean? (i.e. not stolen or lost and on a black list to not activate?)

Get the IMEI number before you buy the phone and ask Verizon if it is clean. The safest approach is often meeting the seller (if possible) in the Verizon store and activating in the store before paying the seller.

Be careful, there is a lot of fraud in private phone sales. You need to know what you are doing or know someone that knows to keep you from buying a phone that can never be used.

Snn5
Legend

In addition to Weth's reply, check reputable sites like Swappa . com who actually scan the IMEI before the seller can list the phone.  Key is reputible.

wurliuchi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very helpful. Thank you very much. It is much appreciated. Being ignorant about this, I could have easily been tricked and ripped off. Now I can proceed with much more caution. Thank you thank you thank you!

0 Likes
wurliuchi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Great! Thanks! Very helpful.

Snn5
Legend

When suggesting a SIM card for a used phone one might caution the user about possible negative repercussions involved with purchases from unknown sellers and the possibility that the phone might not work even with a Verizon SIM card.