iPhone 6 chirps loudly during phone calls, any idea why and how to stop it?
Akrome

My iPhone 6 chirps loudly during phone calls, any idea why or how to stop it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 chirps loudly during phone calls, any idea why and how to stop it?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Incoming call maybe? Does it happen every call? Has it always happened or did this just start? Apple may be able to troubleshoot the issue.

0 Likes
Akrome

No, nothing incoming. It's my husbands phone, it happens every call, except when he called me to test the chirp. I too have an iPhone (an old one). I'm not sure what the problem is but it's driving him crazy. He is planning to take the phone into Verizon today. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get to the bottom of this and find out what is causing the chirp, Akrome. Did this start recently? If so, do you recall any changes to the device when the chirps began? You mentioned while you were testing this with your husband, the chirp didn't occur. Does this appear to happen in a certain location like while at work?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand how that chirping sound would annoy your husband. Please verify the software version on his device under settings, general and about. Also, please tell us when this began.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Tranzz

I purchased an iphone 6 at the end of March and I have been experiencing the same problem with chirps.  The chirps sound similar to microphone type feedback coming from the person you are talking to which build up to sudden very loud short chirps that feel like they damage your ear when it occurs.  Not an enjoyable experience especially after a dozen or so of them in a row.  Ouch.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps an app notification tone?

0 Likes
Tranzz

I read elsewhere the chirp issue may be related to other apps running in the background but every time it issue occurs I carefully close any apps I am aware of, and it does not seem to cure the problem. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I haven't experienced this at all so I can't begin to imagine what it is. Has anyone with this problem contacted Apple Support to see what this could be?

0 Likes