iPhone 6 not uploading to iCloud photo library
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I know that apples iCloud photo library is still in beta but very often my iPhone 6 will get stuck trying to upload photos (most that were taken by the phone itself) and my iPad Mini 2 has no issues. And now the iPhone 6 - when connected to wifi - is trying to upload 8 photos that were already uploaded my my iPad. Any suggestions besides a total factory reset - I am on vacation and don't have access to my iTunes backups.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 not uploading to iCloud photo library
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SW1952,

Saving photos are so important. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with uploading them. Just so we are on the same page, these photos are currently not on your iPhone and they are trying to upload themselves? Or did they already upload and are having issues uploading again?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

Three were taking by the iPhone so they were originally on the phone. Two were uploaded and it got stuck on the third one. The other photos were transferred to my iPad mini by Canon's app from my camera and the iPad did upload them to the iCloud photo library. I then transferred those photos from the iPad to iPhone using Airdrop and now - even though the iPad already uploaded them to the cloud, the iPhone is stuck trying to do the same thing

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

This certainly sounds like a device problem.  Have you tried Apple support forums, Genius Bar or calling apple support?

They are awesome at troubleshooting.

If there is a fault in the phone, they will replace it for you.

Official Apple Support

SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. They suggested a full factory reset but we are on vacation and I don't have access to my iTunes backup and the wifi in the hotel where we are staying is very slow. Verizon LTE is about 50x faster. LOL

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Phooey!!

i Guess until you return you have cobbled together the best fix.

it would be helpful to others with the same problem if you post your solution, when you get one.

0 Likes
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had sometime in the hotel and did a settings reset and afree I got everything up and run ing again - and remembered all my settings - it seems to have cleared up the icloud problem for now. Now just have to wait and see if it comes back again in a few days like it did before. Because the. I will have to try the factory reset and restore and that will have to wait till we get back home. Wish me luck.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Good luck!

SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

OH well. Same thing happened earlier this evening. Did a reset of all settings and even that did not help this time. Then I turned iCloud Photo Library on and off and after waiting for all the uploads/downloads it seems normal once again. Very annoying. Guess I will have to do that full factory reset when I get home after all.      

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Sorry about that.

if you are still having problems after a reset and restore, don't hesitate to take the phone to Apple for a replacement.