iPhone 6 order cancelled by Verizon suddenly
Extrem31st
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had ordered an iPhone 6 plus through the Verizon Wireless website. I used the edge program. It was approved and was on back-order to ship by 11-14. This morning I get an email saying my order was cancelled, with no explanation at all. I thought maybe it was because my bill is late being paid but I pay late every month but I always pay and have so for over 10 years now. I have 5 lines as it is and have been a very good Verizon customer IMO. Thinking I was going to be receiving this new phone I decided to sell my HTC One Max on eBay. I sold it this past weekend and now I receive this email and I am stuck using an old iPhone 4 for the foreseeable future. I am stunned and dismayed that this happened to me after being a good customer for all these years and now I don't even have a decent smartphone to use anymore.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 order cancelled by Verizon suddenly
Steve231

Hi, this JUST happened to me this morning, I didn't use the Edge program but i got an email saying Apple canceled my order (it was scheduled to ship this week and I've been waiting for a month for this thing to come in!). and now I have to call Verizon and figure out what went wrong... why should I call when it's their issue? I leave town soon and needed this new phone...now I'm screwed.. thanks Apple AND Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Extrem31st

I'm sorry to hear about any trouble getting your new phone ordered! I understand how important it is to ensure you have a phone that works for you on your account. It is possible to have a pre-order cancelled if it was originally ordered using our Edge Program if the account no longer qualifies for Edge when the phone order is ready to be completed. You can check out all the Edge eligibility requirements right here: http://vz.to/1oRiU8n

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Extrem31st
Enthusiast - Level 2

That may be true but IMO it is a terrible decision to cast down on me after originally approving me and then putting the phone on back-order. I sold a real good HTC One Max for very cheap thinking this new phone would be here within the next 2 weeks and now it gets cancelled basically on a technicality. I always pay my bill, I realize there are rules for Edge but when I ordered the phone I was compliant. Now I am basically stuck with my nieces old cracked iPhone 4 as my main smart phone. I am not a member for a few months, I been with Verizon since 2003 or so. But thanks for the reply anyway..

0 Likes
laffnvegas
Contributor - Level 1

Extreme31st, I truly am not trying to be mean but seriously you think that you are a good customer to Verizon if you continuously run delinquent being one month behind???? If I wanted to phone really bad I would have made sure it was paid way ahead to make sure they had no reason to cancel me. How about scraping together the money bringing Verizon totally current and calling their customer service to see if they can reinstate your order..Because you have been running late they still may not approve you  but it is worth a shot calling asking if you brought it current.

0 Likes
Extrem31st
Enthusiast - Level 2

A month late? I am never a month late lol, most of the time it is a few days to a week. I pay the extra 5 bucks and all is good. I definitely am a good customer. I have 5 lines and have bought a metric ton of phones from them in the past 10 years. I have bought phones cash from them and slapped them on lines I was still paying other phones off on. I get your point though but to me all they had to do is look at my pattern of paying over the past decade and they can see right away I am a loyal customer. Heck anyone can switch right now and get their fees paid for by some of the other carriers. Its been that way for a while now, but I stick and stay. I guess just the email without an explanation is what got me. You don't do that to customers who give you 300 dollars a month and have been with you for over a decade.

0 Likes