iPhone 6 trade-in promotion timing: 30 days from trade-in submission extended to accommodate pre-ordered phones?
chimera09

I ordered an iPhone 6 today, 9/30, in a Verizon Wireless store (the store did not have any in stock). I was told to go home and immediately submit my trade-in submission for my current iPhone 4 so that when my new phone arrived, I would have the materials to send my iPhone 4 back to Verizon within 7 days of activating the new phone.

I looked up the details for the promotion and saw this:

When can I trade my old iPhone and purchase the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus?

Once your purchase is complete, visit the online trade-in website to submit your trade request.

You’ll  receive shipping materials to return your old device to Verizon Wireless within 7 days after receiving the your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, but no later than 12/01/2014.

Note: Only 1 iPhone can be traded in at this promotional value for each new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus purchased with a new Verizon Edge agreement, 2-year contract, or when you pay full retail price. You'll receive shipping materials to return your old device to Verizon Wireless within 7 days after receiving your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, but no later than 12/01/14.

Seems straight-forward enough. HOWEVER - I saw this when I completed my trade-in submission:

Devices that you submit will not be returned to you. Information and data from traded devices cannot be recovered and accessories cannot be returned. You must accurately represent the make, model and condition of your wireless device in the Trade-In Submission. The appraisal value may be adjusted if:

Your wireless device does not match the make, model and condition described in your Trade-In Submission;

• You do not ship your device using the shipping package we provide to you;
  • Your wireless device is received more than thirty (30) days after your Trade-In Submission;
  • The wireless phone has been "locked" by the wireless carrier and could not be activated; or
  • The device received does not meet the eligibility requirements for the promotion code entered.

My phone is not due to arrive until 10/31/2014 - which means it will be well past the 30 days from when I did my trade-in submission before Verizon will receive my trade-in phone. So how does this work? Do I just need to send the phone in within 7 days of activating the new phone, or is this promotion voided if I'm unable to send my phone in before the 30 day time period is up? Please advise. I've been unable to receive an answer from the Verizon Wireless customer service reps when I called earlier this evening. Thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 trade-in promotion timing: 30 days from trade-in submission extended to accommodate pre-ordered phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can absolutely see the confusion regarding your trade in promotion, chimera09. But no worries! The iPhone trade in offer has a unique detail that will allow you to wait until you've received your iPhone 6. You can disregard the 30 days from submission that applies to the usual trade in program. The original portion you listed "return your old device to Verizon Wireless within 7 days after receiving your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, but no later than 12/01/14" is correct.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 trade-in promotion timing: 30 days from trade-in submission extended to accommodate pre-ordered phones?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can absolutely see the confusion regarding your trade in promotion, chimera09. But no worries! The iPhone trade in offer has a unique detail that will allow you to wait until you've received your iPhone 6. You can disregard the 30 days from submission that applies to the usual trade in program. The original portion you listed "return your old device to Verizon Wireless within 7 days after receiving your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, but no later than 12/01/14" is correct.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Phroed
Enthusiast - Level 2

To get this to work you MUST HAVE A PROMOTION CODE to enter in the Trade In window when doing the trade in process. That DOES NOT EXIST ANYWHERE ON YOUR SITE IN Communities. What customers see on the trade in screen is a final value of $36 for an iPhone 4s or $29 for an iPhone 4. So then what--call in and wait in your long queues and see if you can get the dispute escalated? You (Verizon) botched this promotion by giving buyers no way to access a working promotional code.

0 Likes