iPhone 6 unlock
jaute

Hello, i recently purchased a used vzw iphone 6 and would like to know how to have it internationally unlocked. The device I have worked properly while I was in the states on the T-mobile network but fails to activate when I insert an international sim.

Please let me know how best to move forward. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 unlock
mama23dogs
Legend

Verizon phones are unlocked out of the box. Are you sure it is a Verizon phone?

If it isn't working, there must be another reason.

run the ESN number through Swappa and see what pops up.

0 Likes
jaute

Sadly when I ran it through swappa it returned that there was no matching device found. When I was purchasing the device I had ran a check on one of the popular imei checking websites and was told there that the device is a vzw device.

I can post the results of that check if you like.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

NO matching device means one of two things.   Either the phone is a clone, or you have the wrong ESN number

when you turn it on, does it show Verizon boot screen?

0 Likes
jaute

No there is no bootup images other than the standard apple boot screen. I doubt the device is a clone as I am able to connect to itunes.

I have been able to successfully activate the device through itunes using a T-mobile mini-sim I had with me. My problem is that after activation, whenever I insert an international sim it reverts to the lock screen reporting that it requires activation. If I try to activate it again with the international sim, i get an error in itunes stating that the sim that is inserted does not appear to be supported.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sounds like it was a T-Mobile iPhone 6 and not a Verizon iPhone 6. You got taken for a loop. Check t-mobile IMEI checker and probably show my suspicions may be correct.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes
jaute

Thanks for that link, I checked with that website and it was returned that the device was not recognized. If i enter the IMEI on the verizon activation webpage it is returned that i am trying to activate a device that was recently purchased and I should log in to continue.

My problem is I have never had an account with verizon and I am not in the states so I cannot purchase a sim or access the network.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I believe if you check the IMEI of Sprint and Verizon you have to drop the last digit as it is 1 digit too long.

All Verizon sold iPhones are all locked required by law.  If it isn't working then it isn't Verizon's doing as they have complied with every iPhone 6 I have ran into.

0 Likes
jaute

After a bit of searching I think the problems I am experiencing are the ones being described in this thread.

I am almost certain that the device is a verizon wireless phone, the fact that it works with the T-mobile sim I have here means it is unlocked, just not for international use .

0 Likes