Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iPhone 6 unlock
jaute

Hello, i recently purchased a used vzw iphone 6 and would like to know how to have it internationally unlocked. The device I have worked properly while I was in the states on the T-mobile network but fails to activate when I insert an international sim.

Please let me know how best to move forward. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 unlock
mama23dogs

Verizon phones are unlocked out of the box. Are you sure it is a Verizon phone?

If it isn't working, there must be another reason.

run the ESN number through Swappa and see what pops up.

0 Likes
jaute

Sadly when I ran it through swappa it returned that there was no matching device found. When I was purchasing the device I had ran a check on one of the popular imei checking websites and was told there that the device is a vzw device.

I can post the results of that check if you like.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

NO matching device means one of two things.   Either the phone is a clone, or you have the wrong ESN number

when you turn it on, does it show Verizon boot screen?

0 Likes
jaute

No there is no bootup images other than the standard apple boot screen. I doubt the device is a clone as I am able to connect to itunes.

I have been able to successfully activate the device through itunes using a T-mobile mini-sim I had with me. My problem is that after activation, whenever I insert an international sim it reverts to the lock screen reporting that it requires activation. If I try to activate it again with the international sim, i get an error in itunes stating that the sim that is inserted does not appear to be supported.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

Sounds like it was a T-Mobile iPhone 6 and not a Verizon iPhone 6. You got taken for a loop. Check t-mobile IMEI checker and probably show my suspicions may be correct.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader
0 Likes
jaute

Thanks for that link, I checked with that website and it was returned that the device was not recognized. If i enter the IMEI on the verizon activation webpage it is returned that i am trying to activate a device that was recently purchased and I should log in to continue.

My problem is I have never had an account with verizon and I am not in the states so I cannot purchase a sim or access the network.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

I believe if you check the IMEI of Sprint and Verizon you have to drop the last digit as it is 1 digit too long.

All Verizon sold iPhones are all locked required by law.  If it isn't working then it isn't Verizon's doing as they have complied with every iPhone 6 I have ran into.

0 Likes
jaute

After a bit of searching I think the problems I am experiencing are the ones being described in this thread.

I am almost certain that the device is a verizon wireless phone, the fact that it works with the T-mobile sim I have here means it is unlocked, just not for international use .

0 Likes