iPhone 6
Char1968

I've been a customer of Verizon for over 10 years and I've never been more dissatisfied than I am now.  Since upgrading to the iPhone 6 the data usage on my account is outrageous and my bill has doubled.  In the past I've had 4 devices on my account with a monthly data usage of 8 GB and there hasn't been an issue with usage.  Now I have 3 devices on the account and every month there is an issue with data usage because of the iPhone 6.  I've called customer service countless times and have tried everything suggested; turn off cellular data, check for upgrades, make sure apps are closed, use WiFi, etc.  During one call to customer service the representative was amazed at how fast the data was being used as we were on the phone and made the comment that she has never seen usage increase at this rate.  Each month I'm having to increase my plan to avoid overage charges, this is really ridiculous.

Each contact with Verizon leads to a different reason and no solution.  I'm at my wits end.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6
Weth
Legend

WWhat apps or system services are using data?   Goto settings/cellular data at the bottom you'll see apps and a usage amount for each app on MB and GB.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Char1968,

We do not like to hear that you are disappointed with us. Let's investigate this further. Weth as asked a great question! What apps show to have used the most data when following the steps provided? Have you tried turning off the specific apps from accessing data? You can do this via the same steps provided by Weth.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MillieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

since we got 2 iphone 5c's our data has been out of control even though we use it the same as we always have, so of course verizons suggestion is to upgrade to more data. We have 5 lines currently and when contract is up on the last 3 we will be seeking another company that can be honest about things. I have been with Verizon since before smart phones were invented and am tired of the run around I have been getting lately. I was also told that if I used another lines upgrade that I wouldn't lose my unlimited plan, well GUESS WHAT, as soon as I activated the new phone it changed my plan. I called within an hour of this and asked about the change and was told that the 2 people I spoke to and what they put in their notes were incorrect, why assure someone in order to get them to upgrade if its a lie?. I also have sent the phone back and was again assured that I would get my unlimited back, I had the customer service person send me an email that stated that, so I will see. I have also been told that on my unlimited I rarely use 2 or more gigs, so the new 6 gig plan should be more than I need....but as soon as I changed to new phone I used 1.6 gigs in less than an hour hmmmmmm, sounds like a scam to me. This needs to be taken care of IMMEDIATLEY, or the 2 phones that don't have a contract will be gone now and the other 3 will soon follow, as much as we spend a month it wouldn't be too much more to pay the cancelation fee

0 Likes
iphonesucks
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you totally. Im waiting to get out of my contract and leaving. I also have been told stuff and never happens. Oh and by the way i hate my new iphone 6 and wish i never upgraded. i needed to have that new phone and now im sorry i ever bought it. Plus it will take me forever to pay with a 32 payment a month. whatever

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MillieT. It really sounds like you have gone through a lot here. I would love the opportunity to do anything I can to help. I am going to send you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 and we can get started. Once you send me a direct message I would be happy to look over your account with you. Thank you in advance!

bryans_vzw
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

bryans_vzw - Follow requests are in the forum Inbox, not Actions.

0 Likes
MillieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

well im happy that i am within my 14 day return period, so i sent the phone back

0 Likes
MillieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

i have already spoken to several reps and every single one of them has a different answer or cant help. I soubt if there is anything you can so either. But my bill ends on the 19th and if they havent fixed this by then its byew bye verizon, doesnt matter we have been with verizon before alltell even just matters how much money they can make us pay till we give up

0 Likes
MillieT
Enthusiast - Level 3

WELL I SENT YOU MORE THATN ONE MESSAGE WITH NO REPLY, DO YOU STILL WANT TO TALK PRIVATE MESSAGE OR NOT

0 Likes