Re: iPhone 6S Activation Issues
Legacy777

Actually, I have gone through the links and Vodafone's own website says the iphone 6s is already unlocked; see the screen captures below when I've gone through the steps.  I don't disagree that the phone may be acting like it's locked, but all the data/information I have presented to me says it's not locked.

NUC.PNG

NUC2.PNG

0 Likes
Legacy777

Yes I have used the BYOD check website and it says the device is compatible with Verizon's network.

I responded to your PM.

Thanks

Josh

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Does removing the Verizon SIM, resetting the iPhone‘s network settings and re-inserting the SIM help?

0 Likes
Legacy777

We tried that before and it did not seem to change anything or make a difference.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with this updated information, Legacy777. In most cases our 4G devices are unlocked. Can we have you provide any more details in regard to what happens when you enter your IMEI?

0 Likes
Legacy777

I don't recall the exact message.  I checked it and both Verizon stores checked it and it was compatible.

Unfortunately I don't have time to perform the same checks over an over again.  At this point, unless someone has some new suggestions I just don't think the device is going to work.

Thanks

Josh

0 Likes
Wireless5

After upgrading my iPhone 6s to a different phone, I asked the Verizon associate to verify that my iPhone was unlocked.  After a few seconds, she came back and said that it was now unlocked, and to turn off "find my iphone" (in Settings > Your Name > iCloud).  Currently, I have no way to verify that it worked.  Best of luck to you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Wireless5, we understand your concerns regarding your device's lock status. The great news is that we do not lock our 4G LTE devices. So long as the phone is paid off and not reported as a lost/stolen unit, the phone will not be under any type of system lock. For additional details regarding our unlock policy, please click here: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
NedShuput

I have the same issue now. iPhone 6s, will not active on Verizon. It is reconfirmed from apple and on various websites that the phone is unlocked and can be used with any GSM Carrier. Did all those steps you described in this thread to no avail. 😕 Phone works like listening on other networks, TMobil, ATT.. 

Verizon is hoggin IMEIs of the phone tying them to their Sim IDs. Even when you cancel the service they are hogging your phone that you own for 50 days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience that we want you to have when activating your phone and we want to help in any way that we can. Are you getting any errors when going through the activation process? Are you activating a new account or swapping out devices on one of your lines? Please send us a Private Message to further assist. 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes