iPhone 6s dropping calls
JOANMMOORE

iPhone 6s dropping calls or call failure (dead zone). Same area I always had service with my 5c. Any thoughts?

Thanx,

JoanMMoore

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6s dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOANMMOORE,

Let's keep those calls connected.  I would not want you to miss any more important calls.  When did you start having call issues? Send us your zip code to review your area.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JonesLaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with my 6s Plus.  Verizon keeps asking me the same silly questions as above.  The answer is that it happens all of the time all over the place.  I think the real answer is that the Verizon system can't really handle LTE in most areas (even happened to me sitting in traffic in Manhattan on the West Side Highway (i.e. clear signal).  I assume that Verizon has its best equipment in mid-town Manhattan.  The answer seems to be that you have to go to "Settings" and where it says "Enable LTE", you have to choose "Data Only".  So, the illusion of being able to to talk on the phone and use your data is only a fantasy right now.  Eventually, Verizon may be able to provide that, but not now.  Also, the other issue is that, if you are talking through LTE and the other cell phone is NOT an LTE phone, it will drop calls frequently.  Even if it is LTE to LTE and one phone has a "marginal" signal (which will happen all the time in the middle of the call), the call will drop.  So, forget LTE phone calls for now.  See Verizon, was that so hard?  Did I really have to go to 4 useless store visits, get a new SIM card, reset my phone 3 times, suffer many phone calls to your tech service, and go through the nonsense of you sending a roving tech to my hometown to "check out" my signal strength?  You know the answer (or, at least you should), so just tell us that.

Lovedo22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same exact issues & have been going through the same motions with Verizon & the issues have not been resolved. I have had a iPhone 4s & an iPhone 6 at the same address with no problems & now I can barely use my phone. Have you had any luck finding a solution?

0 Likes
brasslite3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 6s, zip code 14105.  I had an iPhone4s that was GREAT!!! no problems.  Be having problems the pass 3 months, I have dead zones in my house that I never had before

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brasslite3, you deserve only the best in service. Help is here. Exactly where is this issue happening? Indoors or outdoors? Are other Verizon Wireless users also experiencing the same?

NatashaA_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ScottCayman42

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 6S in zip code 85650.  This has begun to cause problems with any phone call I've placed or received over the last four months inside my house where I've not experienced any problems before.  Now recently, I'm dropping calls outside of my house and on the highway with a Verizon cell tower within line of sight. 

Yes, I've tried wifi calling but I don't feel I should have to.  Plus, when I do leave the house, the wifi competes with what is supposed to be LTE coverage to keep the call. Is it a problem with the phone or has a change been made to Verizon's coverage?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScottCayman42 

We're very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing difficulty using service in your home area. We know it can be frustrating when you're unable to use your phone the way you want to. Besides any standard iOS updates, there won't have been any carrier changes on our end that would affect the way your device connects to the network. Are you currently up to date on your iOS version? You can check for available updates in your Settings > General > Software Updates.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
ScottCayman42

The iOS version is up to date.

Sent from Surface

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scott,

We certainly want to make sure that we cover all our bases before we determine that the device is malfunctioning. You can find some great tips and tricks to try here:

0 Likes