iPhone 6s will not send or receive texts from android phones
HMAqcmgr

5 days ago I updated to the 6s and my wife joined my plan and got a galaxy s7.  Everything was great until yesterday afternoon when we stopped being able to text each other.  I can't receive her messages and my messages to her keep popping up with the red "not sent" logo.  I've erased our conversation and started a new one, toggled lte off and on, reset the network settings, done a hard reset, toggled iMessages off and on, nothing is working.  Help me, please!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6s will not send or receive texts from android phones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived HMAqxmgr. I use text messages as my main form of communication so I know how important this is. Let’s get your text messages flowing like they should. What make/model phone did you have before upgrading? What zip code are you in? You able to text other android device?

JorgeR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HMAqcmgr

I had a 5s, upgraded to a 6s.  I can send iMessages to other iPhone users, but I'm 0 for 2 with androids.

0 Likes
HMAqcmgr

Zip code is 54650

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HMAqcmgr,

This is quite the message mystery. I truly appreciate all the troubleshooting that you have done thus far. It’s a little unclear, so I do regret asking this question again. Is the problem only with texting your wife who has an Android or any Android user? What make & model phone did your wife used to have? Is she having trouble receiving texts from others or just yourself?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HMAqcmgr

She had a galaxy 5 with sprint, then had a cheap smart phone from cricket for the last few months until my contract ended and we started a plan together.  She receives messages from everyone, the problem is with my phone only.  I tried texting a coworker that has a Galaxy 6 today and had the same issue.

0 Likes
Dbeden
Enthusiast - Level 3

In settings > messages, is "send as sms" on?

If it is not, turn on, delete the old thread, reboot and try texting her again.

If it is on already, have a Verizon rep check to see if there are any messaging features blocked on your line.

0 Likes
HMAqcmgr

Yes, it's on.  Thanks anyway.

0 Likes