Re: iPhone trade in program a scam?
HoustonSpurs
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Again a useless response"

Laughable isn't it?  Just continually pointing you to a website where:

a) You can't get through to anyone on via the phone and

b) They don't respond to any emails submitted through the page.

The 'customer service' is a joke.

msal44

Good luck getting in touch with anyone.  Have you tried?  Hold times exceeding 1 hour, being hung up on repeatedly.  Customer Service reps who say they can't do anything to help you.  Don't waste your time.  You got ripped off, just like me.  $36 for a phone that worked great and had no problems.  Hell, I could have sold it for more myself.  What a rip off.

Verizon is going to lose in the end.  I already cut services, and I plan to cut more.  They will lose their $200-36 savings from my cancelled services, and they will lose it in about 4 months.  I'm cancelling my land line next.  Then I am getting a digital antenna and computer-based TV, and then cancelling my verizon cable tv completely.  i'll keep the fiber internet, and that's all. 

I called the main customer service line, and the reps say they have no authority to do anything, and they just say to call the tradein line, which is not answered by anyone who will do anything for you.

I gave up on verizon.  i will not trust a company that treats customers like this.  10 years and $450/month, and they treat customers like this?  only a fool ...

0 Likes
DATDUDE

I traded in my iPhone 4s for the 6plus, returned it per Verizon steps, and now claiming the phone was never received. Reading over several forums, this has happened to many Verizon subscribers. I get transferred to so many different departments and no solution in sight. Why????

0 Likes
bjm1075
Enthusiast - Level 2

I actually received an email with the executives number and the lady was very helpful.  I received my full $200.00.  If u would like I can give u that number

0 Likes
DATDUDE

Yes I would

0 Likes
pringlrr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I upgraded 3 iphones on a family plan to the iphone 6+, with promises of rebates of $200 on all 3 phones. I called 611 twice, to inquire why my packing material had not arrived, and was informed by both reps that the material was backordered and not to worry, the trade in promo had been extended and they would request packing material to be resent.

Just called today, to find out nobody had ever received my trade in request, even though I had called in twice before to find out what the delay was. Apparently I needed to get a return ID, which never showed up in e-mail. Why didn't any of the prior reps ask that question? I know I was at the trade-in site because I answered the questions and got the appraisal on each of the phones. After getting the 'There is nothing we can do' response for over an hour, from both rep and reps manager, I'm at my wits end.

So, rather than make good on the error, or even offer me a credit on my bill, Verizon has offered like $50 for all 3 phones. I spend $350/month for the family plan, payed close to 1k for the iPhone upgrades, have been a loyal customer for several years, and this is how I'm treated? I want to send these (3)  I phones 6's back, get a refund, then start looking for a new carrier. This is the worst I've ever felt about Verizon in the 10 odd years I've been here

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pringlr,
I understand your frustration. I'll be happy with assisting you with the iPhone trade in. Have you spoke to amn agent that's on our Trade-In team at http://bit.ly/ZIo8Vc or 877-247-3846? The professionals on the Trade-In team will be happy to address all of your concern...

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow un on Twitter @VZWSupport

Frustratedandmad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased two iPhone 6 devices in October of 2014 and sent in my old devices for "up to $400."  Well, one of the gift cards came, for $200.  I'm still waiting on the other one.  The phone in question was in perfect condition.  I've called 13 times already and spoken with everyone I could, including customer care.  They issue has been "escalated" 5 times to their level 2 issue resolution center.  I've been promised calls back for about 2 months now since I started escalating the issue, and despite innumerable promises to get back to me within 1 week, 8 days, 2 weeks, 30 days, and 6 weeks... I have yet to hear from anyone.  I just got off the phone with another representative at their device trade in center.  They asked if I want to escalate again!  Seriously!!!

Any ideas?

TerriClay
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would suggest that you do what I just did...file a complaint with the FTC at

www.ftc.gov  With the number of people complaining about this, they should look into it.  I traded mine in and it was received by them in January.  I still have not received my $200 "gift card".  They told me over the phone that they had escalated my claim again.  According to them, I have already been sent via email my gift card twice since January.  Funny how I am able to receive the email from them telling me the "gift card is in the email" (pun intended) but the email that contains the gift card can't be received!  I asked why they couldn't just mail it to me via USPS and they told me they can't do that because of problems with fraud...LOL!!  Good luck!!