iphone 6 contacts
SHAJAC51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried to call one of my contacts this morning.  Whenever the phone syncs contacts it erases any new contacts that have been entered since the previous sync.  This has been ongoing for years with Verizon and not just on the iphone.  It also brings back deleted contacts and phone numbers that are no longer in service.  Many times the updates also bring back every phone number for each contact in some there are 5-7 duplicates for each one.  Is there any way to get this resolved?  Have contacted Verizon numerous times through the years and each representative seems to think they have a solution until the next update to the operating system when it happens all over again.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 6 contacts
Weth
Legend

I also would really advise using iCloud or Google for your synch.  Works much more reliably, doesn't go away if you ever change carriers, and doesn't take long to set up.  How much time have you spent with this problem?  Setting up Gmail takes Little time.  iCloud is already ready for you to use!  

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

Syncs with what?  Mine all default to Gmail and I don't have the problem you describe. 

0 Likes
SHAJAC51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sync from Backup assistant.  Don't have the contacts anywhere else

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The problem is with the Backup Assistant or Verizon Cloud as it called now.  You would be better off using you gmail or iCloud to sync and house your contacts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

What happens if you leave Verizon?  Poof.  No more access.  (Been there).  I have everything default to google account which I can add to any device and access anywhere. 

Same with other private cloud or email, don't do it. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello SHAJAC51,

We definitely want your contacts to be working correctly on your phone. What happens if you log into your online account to view your contacts? Do you see any duplicates? Are you able to make the changes you want and see them reflected on your phone?

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SHAJAC51
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  Logging into the online account doesn't seem to solve the problem either  The contacts online are not updated.  When the phone syncs with the online account many times even the contacts in the garbage are brought back onto the phone.  We end up with duplications from the phone numbers showing up 4-5 times under a contacts name.  This was an issue even before the iPhone 6.  Hate to have to create an email address just for the phone contacts. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I also would really advise using iCloud or Google for your synch.  Works much more reliably, doesn't go away if you ever change carriers, and doesn't take long to set up.  How much time have you spent with this problem?  Setting up Gmail takes Little time.  iCloud is already ready for you to use!  

mama23dogs
Legend

Three fellow customers with working contact files, or Verizon CSR who has to tell you how to use their product, even if it doesn't work.  

Back up assist/cloud is good for non smartphones.  It is pointless on smartphones. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHAJAC51, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. Sometimes, duplicate contacts occur due to the method of entry or based on your phone's backup settings when you're saving your contacts at multiple sources. Please log into your account online at our Verizon Cloud here http://vz.to/1EsFmQ0 Once you're logged in, you can edit and delete all the duplicate contacts. This will allow you to sync those corrections back to your device.

For more information regading how Verizon Cloud works, click http://vz.to/1OgSM3j

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes