iphone 6S
JaneBG

I plan on ordering an iPhone 6S on 9/12 and paying full price. I have an iPhone 6Plus. Will I activate my new phone by moving the sim card from my iPhone 6Plus to the 6S?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 6S
Weth
Legend

Yes, that is the easiest and fastest way. No calls to Verizon, no changes on the My Verizon web page. Just move the SIM card and you are working.

0 Likes
JaneBG

Someone in Apple Support said that Verizon's CDMA phones don't have sim cards. That isn't true is it? Even though Verizon is CDMA doesn't it have a sim card to be compatible with LTE technology?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Pure CDMA phones do not have SIM cards. However, LTE phones must have SIM cards. Since the iPhone 5 and above, these phones support LTE and must have SIM cards, even on Verizon.

So, Apple Support is wrong. Verizon LTE phones, even though they need to support CDMA, all have SIM cards.

You are correct 100% and right to doubt the Apple Support wrong answer. (sitting here looking at my Verizon iPhone 6 Plus and its SIM card).

0 Likes
JaneBG

Thanks so much for verifying this for me!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you reaching out us with this question. All of our 4G LTE devices have compatible SIM cards that work excellent on our network. 3G devices don't need SIMS so no worries there. What type of iPhone do you have?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I wonder if they were thinking of or referring to the iPhone 4...the only one that didn't have a sim (I think the 4s did but it was solely for international use). In that respect they were correct because it was the only 100% CDMA iPhone on Verizon.

Weth
Legend

If we want to save the rep's butt, then yes, the rep was referring to the Verizon iPhone 4. Personally, I just think the rep was having a bad day at best, and didn't know what they were talking about most likely. They missed all the Verizon updates for the last 4 years.

0 Likes