iphone 6s: Group texts are sent via group chat, but I receive them as individual messages
JENRAW63

Messages sent in a group chat come across my phone as individual texts from whoever sent it.  The responses also come in as individual texts.  Thus, when I reply, it only goes to the individual that sent it.  I use the Messages app that is on the phone.  It is driving me crazy to receive numerous individual texts that are part of a group conversation.  Makes it impossible to follow.  Anyone have this issue or know how to resolve it?  I've spoken to apple and they said it is most likely a carrier issue.

TIA

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 6s: Group texts are sent via group chat, but I receive them as individual messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you open the app, scroll to one of the "group" messages you've sent.  Long press it, and choose Conversation details.  Slide the toggle to Group, instead of Just me for "Recipients reply to".

When creating a group message, the toggle is there as you input the contact names - be sure Group is the selection.

0 Likes
Re: iphone 6s: Group texts are sent via group chat, but I receive them as individual messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JENRAW63, I know I would be super flustered with an experience like this. Group messages are a great way to message a work group or stay in contact with a group of friends, etc. SuzyQ provided a great tip. Did this tip help get you messaging everyone at once?

_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JENRAW63

No. Not at all. The information provided does not apply at all to my phone

or my situation. It just happened again this morning. I created a group

text to alert my coworkers of something. The responses all came back

individually. There is not option in apple imessage to make it a group.

This is maddening.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 10:55 AM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
JENRAW63

There is no group option in apples messaging when creating a group. I

created one this morning and I received responses individually. Also, when

long pressing on the conversation, it does nothing. Maybe you are

referring to a different messaging app?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

My apologies - I totally missed that you were using iMessages.  Smiley Sad  I was giving you info on the Verizon Messages app which also comes on your Verizon phone.

Here's an article from Apple that may help?  Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 

Or this? If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

0 Likes