iphone 6s
dizziedevil

My phone just started blinking on and off with the apple logo on screen.   I have tried everything i can find and I cant fix it....any ideas

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 6s
Weth
Legend

If pressing the power button and the home button together do not fix the problem you will need to do recovery mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps:
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.

NOTE: This will erase your phone and it will need to be set up again. You do have it backed up right?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If pressing the power button and the home button together do not fix the problem you will need to do recovery mode.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps:
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.

NOTE: This will erase your phone and it will need to be set up again. You do have it backed up right?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to get your phone up and running again dizziedevil. When did this start? Were you able to "force restart" your device like Weth advised?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes