is it possible to switch phones but are on different plans???
alemos123

ok so my mom recently got the iPhone 6 but her plan is with Sprint. She noticed she doesn't like how big it is and would like an iPhone 5s instead. I have an iPhone 5s and would like and iPhone 6 but my plan is with Verizon. Is it possible that we can switch phones but she can stay on sprint and i can stay on verizon?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is it possible to switch phones but are on different plans???
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The IMEI numbers of the phone are incompatible with the other CDMA carriers and can't be activated on a different CDMA carrier then where it was originally purchased.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The IMEI numbers of the phone are incompatible with the other CDMA carriers and can't be activated on a different CDMA carrier then where it was originally purchased.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

According to some reports you may be able to use her 6 on VZW (although I can't recall if Sprint is one of the ones that has shown to work but T-Mobile and AT&T were)...but you may lose some features such as visual voicemail. She wouldn't be able to use your iphone on Sprint though. At least that's my understanding. Maybe someone that has first hand knowledge on this will chime in. You may also want to do a google search to see what info you come up with.

0 Likes