is there an issue with iPhone 6 cell reception? dropped calls, slow broadband, delayed text are common since I upgraded in march 2015
okcscott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I now have issues receiving and making phone calls in my home, which is in a major metro area. Occasionally I'll even get the "network busy" message. My data speeds in downtown oklahoma city are .27mbit (point two seven) if it actually connects at all. It takes sometimes 10 minutes to receive texts from my wife. The time stamp shows time sent, however I don't receive it until 10 minutes later. This is pretty ridiculous, I bought a $950 phone, on a service that I've had for years,and can't even use basic phone service most of the time. Can someone please contact me? I'd love to chat, but your online chat service says not available, even though it's in the middle of the day on a weekday.

To top things off my dad, mom, wife, brother in law, and several aquaintances are all having the same issues. some have various iPhone 6's, others have samsungs.

Scott

OKC

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: is there an issue with iPhone 6 cell reception? dropped calls, slow broadband, delayed text are common since I upgraded in march 2015
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

okcscott,

We want to keep you connected with the world around you. Let's work together on this. How long have you had these issues? Does it occur indoors, outdoors, or both? Have you completed any updates on your phone lately? Please provide any information that may help us resolve your issue.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: is there an issue with iPhone 6 cell reception? dropped calls, slow broadband, delayed text are common since I upgraded in march 2015
okcscott
Enthusiast - Level 2

As noted, I've had issues since March 2015. they seem to be getting worse. Outside, Inside, I keep my phone updated regularly. My wife and parents usually fall behind on updates, but they have the same issues. I am currently in one of the tallest buildings in downtown OKC and show that I have 4 of 5 on reception. I know that there are several antennas in this building and on surrounding buildings. However my data tests at around point .2 mbit. On the interstate this morning I tried making a call and it immediately gave me a message that the call could not go through. Texts from this location are very slow as well (as noted up to 10 minutes, or going unsent/unreceived)

0 Likes
okcscott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have any large cases on the phone, only a thin plastic clip on style shell case that covers the back and sides.

0 Likes
okcscott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just reset my network settings, retested my speed, and got a 634ms ping (to the server here in OKC), with .34 (point 34) Mbps download speed.

0 Likes
okcscott
Enthusiast - Level 2

and just got a text at 9:35AM that was sent to me at 9:19AM...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the steps you have taken in troubleshooting your phone . Lets get this phone back up to speed. In all the troubleshooting you have done so far, one things I didn't see was the SIM card itself. Have you ejected your SIM card http://spr.ly/6583BHgOZ for approximately 2 minutes then replaced to see if your data & MMS connect improves?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
okcscott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just tried removing, waiting, and replacing the SIM and am having identical results. point .27 Mbps download speed.

I haven't received a text or call so I don't know if that has improved.

0 Likes