losing cellular connection every 12 hours after 11.2.6 update
DonUNC

anyone else having recurring trouble with an iphone 6s after updating to 11.2.6? a phone restart may fix it, may not. i reset network settings and rebooted this morning, which didn't fix it, then restarted again and i'm in good shape for now.

i checked for carrier updates; those are current. i haven't done a full reset on the phone yet (ugh)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: losing cellular connection every 12 hours after 11.2.6 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a solid connection at all times is important, Don. We're happy to help with this. How old is your phone? You've mentioned a Factory Reset being done, when was the last time this was attempted? Have you accomplished any general steps? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-troubleshooting/

0 Likes
DonUNC

I haven't yet done a factory reset (ugh) but have reset network settings — still losing cellular connectivity around 7:00 p.m. each evening. That happens to be my evening commute, so I'm switching between multiple towers.

I bought the phone new from Verizon in November 2016. Usually a power cycle restores connectivity; switching to Airplane mode and back does not. This didn't start until I upgraded to 11.2.6 on Feb 21st.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DonUNC, we want to ensure that we don't leave any stone un-turned in troubleshooting to get to the bottom of the connection issue you're experiencing with your iPhone 6s.  Software updates are intended to enhance the performance of any device. I apologize for your inconvenience and I'm confident we can and will resolve the connection issue you're experiencing. We also appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've completed, along with your time and patience. The recommendation to complete a factory reset is a good one. However, we only recommend that option as a last resort. We'd like to dig further into this matter with your assistance. I've also noticed your reference to your device losing cellular connectivity around 7pm each evening. Is this happening in a specific zip code? If so, can you share that information with us? Is the connection issue happening indoor, outdoors, or both? - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DonUNC

@RobertC_VZW I turned out to be wrong on the 12-hour trigger - that also happens to be the time of my morning and evening commute on a normal workday. Late yesterday morning I lost signal heading from a funeral in one city up to my hometown, so it seems more like a problem switching towers. The ZIP codes involved are 27514, 27518 and 27565. The problem didn't start until I applied iOS 11.2.6.

Putting the phone in airplane mode and counting to 5 before turning the transmitter back on seems to take care of it now (patience has never been my virtue).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DonUNC, all of your efforts to try and resolve your device concern is truly appreciated. We are sorry to hear about your recent loss. Let’s keep working to get this resolved for you. We do want to let you know that there are currently no open alerts for the latest software update (iOS 11.2.6).  Can you please clarify if you see “No Service” or “Searching” when your device loses signal? If so, please follow this link http://vz.to/2yaQwJ2 to toggle your device Voice Roaming feature off and then back on again. Once this step is complete please restart your device and retest at the trouble locations.

Another common fix to help solve this particular concern is to  emove/insert your device SIM card. Please follow this link for steps to do so http://vz.to/2FbWi2S. Please keep us updated on the progress.

SylviaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
DonUNC

@SylviaT_VZW before I saw your note I did a factory reset this morning, then tried turning cellular roaming off and back on, then restarting. Same trouble.

I may see "Searching" or simply lose all bars, or the cellular data indicator will drop to 1x or it may go blank as well. Turning the cellular transmitter off and back on won't fix it, but airplane mode generally will now.

I'll try reseating the SIM card tomorrow when I'm work and will have a paper clip to do so.

0 Likes
DonUNC

reseating the SIM card doesn't seem to help. have now reset network settings, factory reset, and I power cycle the phone daily. the phone seems to lose cellular connectivity any time it has to switch towers.

0 Likes
DonUNC

I bought the phone new from Verizon in November 2016.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DonUNC,

We appreciate your continued efforts to get your phone working properly. Let's keep looking at possible solutions. Which Factory Reset option did you use on your phone? Did you do this through the phone's menus, or use one of the restore functions in iTunes?

EricW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes