missing only group imessages
echo_mike

I recently upgraded to iPhone 6 and switched to Verizon (and ported the phone number).  I used icloud to backup and restore all settings.  I am now having trouble receiving group imessages.  If someone in the group responds via sms, I receive the message.  I can also send and receive directed imessages to the person who initiated the original missing thread, as well as other imessage users.  My Apple id is registered, as is my phone number, in imessage settings.  Suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: missing only group imessages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

echo_mike Wow, it sounds like there is a lot going on. Let's gather more details. What cloud service are you using? Which texting application are you using on the iPhone 6?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
echo_mike

I'm not sure what you mean by cloud service.  I used Apple's backup to cloud on my 4s, and restored from there onto the iPhone 6.  I had thought everything ported seamlessly, and it seems to, except for group messages. 

I'm using Apple's default message app.  I assume that the sender of the group texts is, too.  I received many group texts from this sender on my old phone (which is no longer in use as a phone.  It is on WiFi, but it is not receiving the missing group texts, or any imessages).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

echo_mike  Sorry for any confusion. Yes, I was referring to the iCloud because we also offer the Verizon cloud service. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Please text using the standard text app and not imessages and let us know how group messages work.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes