my iphone6 is using tons of data
Vacationsun

Does anyone else have this problem? My new iPhone 6 seems to be using twice as much data. Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my iphone6 is using tons of data
Snn5
Legend

Until another user chimes in with specific possible causes, I will ask, does your phone ever disconnect from wifi when it is idle and unused for periods of time?  This would cause the phone to fall back on Mobile Data and depending on what you are doing (streaming, updating, etc...) this can rack up data.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What were you using before the iPhone 6

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

To add to that...pushed notification from various apps and email also use data.  And as an iPhone user, I can tell you that my device disconnects from WiFi when it's been idle too long and only reconnects after I wake the screen.  All of my notification that come during the night are certainly burning data, albeit not much, but data usage nonetheless... 

SJUser
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Have this problem too.  It is using far more data than I have ever used and I haven't changed what I am doing.  I don't stream things, but I have noticed that iTunes will turn on and start playing when I wake up phone.

ABitLikeSteph
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am being "snuck" by Verizon and its Legal time

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Have you determined which app is consuming your data?

btcompute
Contributor - Level 2

Have you looked at Settings...Cellular to determine which apps are using the data?

Logging onto your Verizon account can tell you when the data was used.

0 Likes