my phone won't vibrate on calls or silent
KATWIL0

All settings are correct and I've reset the phone already, help please!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: my phone won't vibrate on calls or silent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate your efforts on this already, KATWIL0. Just to be sure I’m on the same page, what steps did you take to complete the reset? And are you still getting the audible alerts when calls come in and the phone is not on silent? When you go into Settings > Sounds, is the Vibrate switch ON (Green) after you did the reset?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KATWIL0

Yes, I am still getting the audible sounds when the phone is not in silent

mode. I have checked the settings multiple times and the vibrate switch is

set to on (green) for silent and calls. I have done a reset of settings. I

have power cycled the phone many times. I believe the vibrate motor is not

functioning any longer.

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 10:04 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You may be right about the motor, KATWIL0. To confirm it is indeed the hardware and not software related, we ask you to complete a restore your iPhone to factory settings. Our apologies as this is not the quickest of fixes, and we ask for you to follow the backup steps prior to proceeding with the restore steps here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

If this does not repair this, is your device still under warranty?

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KATWIL0

I have done a full reset and still no vibrate. I believe the phone is

still under warranty since I just got it this summer.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 11:36 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience has  been amazing on this matter, KATWIL0. We appreciate you performing the troubleshooting steps thus far. To proceed with the next phase, we would need to gather some account sensitive in formation form you. Do you have access to Facebook or Twitter? If so then please reach out to us through one of these channels.

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes