need to update to ios 8.4 to backup from the icloud
pip13130

I backed up my iPhone 5 to the icloud, activated my new iPhone 6 , followed instructions correctly.

When I select to restore the new phone from the ICloud backup it gives me an error message that I need IOS 8.4.

But I can't access settings on the new phone, in order to update to 8.4

I have checked around online and can't find any help for this issue anywhere.  Does anyone know what I can do?

What would happen if I selected to set it up as a NEW iPhone? Can I still access my backed up data from the cloud later on?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: need to update to ios 8.4 to backup from the icloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pip13130,

Let's get your phone up and running again! As long as you have your information properly backed up to iCloud, then you will be able to access it even after setting up the device as a new iPhone. Please let us know if you're able to complete this. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: need to update to ios 8.4 to backup from the icloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pip13130,

Let's get your phone up and running again! As long as you have your information properly backed up to iCloud, then you will be able to access it even after setting up the device as a new iPhone. Please let us know if you're able to complete this. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes