new customer can't do month-to-month??
jh2014

In order to buy iphone 6 plus, I waited in line outside of Chicago Loop store (301 W Washington St

Chicago, IL 60606 )for 2 hours on Sep 19 2014. I got two numbers (No.29 and No.30).

They took out the 2 phones I want(16G iphone6 plus gold and 64G iphone plus silver)

. But after I told them I want to be on month-to-month contract-free, they refused

to sell me the phones. They said I have to be a current Verizon customer in order to

do month-to-month. Since I am not a current Verizon customer, they told me I have to

be on their "edge" plan or sign 2-years contract. And they told me this is their

"new rule" for iphone 6 and 6plus. I have never heard or seen such "new rule". So I

wasted more than 2 hours standing in line and didn't make the purchase because of

this "new rule".

Please confirm if there is such "new rule" that new customer can't do month-to-month if they want to purchase new iphone 6plus. Or I was discriminated by the store associates in your Chicago Loop store (301 W Washington St Chicago, IL 60606 ).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: new customer can't do month-to-month??
Tidbits
Legend

Sounds like a 3rd party retailer.

0 Likes
jh2014

I don't think so. The store is "Verizon Wireless at Chicago Loop". i think it is one of the largest Verizon store in city of Chicago.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just because it says Verizon wireless doesn't mean it's a corporate store. I have 3 in my area and only one is corporate. 3rd party retailers tend to have a policy like that.

0 Likes
Not applicable

According to the Veriozn website it's a corporate store

0 Likes
jh2014

Thank you! where can I fill a complain?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I searched for it and it shows up.  Like I said before there are 3 in my area and only 1 is corporate.  I know this because 2 will charge me for a sim card and will not let me buy high profile devices without a contract.  Only the corporate store will allow me to get free sims and buy devices regardless if they are high profile or not.  Those 3 stores show up and you can't tell the difference between them.  Should I have used Franchised vs. Corporate?  Like McDonald's does it?  They all look the same but the franchised ones have different policies, and at times sales than corporate.  Like here in Hawaii we don't get baked Apple pies because our McDonald are franchised and they elected not to carry them statewide, and only a corporate McDonald whill have it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jh2014 we'd love for you to join the Verizon family! We apologize for the trouble and the inconvenience that this has caused within the store. We want you to enjoy this awesome device ASAP. You can purchase the device at full retail online at http://vz.to/1e948q1

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

I searched for it and it shows up.  Like I said before there are 3 in my area and only 1 is corporate.  I know this because 2 will charge me for a sim card and will not let me buy high profile devices without a contract.  Only the corporate store will allow me to get free sims and buy devices regardless if they are high profile or not.  Those 3 stores show up and you can't tell the difference between them.  Should I have used Franchised vs. Corporate?  Like McDonald's does it?  They all look the same but the franchised ones have different policies, and at times sales than corporate.  Like here in Hawaii we don't get baked Apple pies because our McDonald are franchised and they elected not to carry them statewide, and only a corporate McDonald whill have it.

Listen when I search my town it show ZERO stores even though we have one here because ours is retail not corporate. In fact NONE of the many retail stores within my area show up on a search. Which makes sense. Only the corporate ones. The store the OP is talking about shows up on the website thus it's corporate.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am going by what I see.  Like I said the 3 in my area 2 are retailers/franchised and not corporate.  That's all I am saying.  When I search my area they ALL show up Smiley Happy

Search 96782 and only one of them are corporate unless Verizon bought them out and changed them to corporate, but I still get charged $25 for sim cards in those locations(I just stopped by one of them.

0 Likes