questionable data usage on more than one of our phones at home.
cizrath

It's early in the month and 2 of our family cell phones have reached data usage limit.  We rarely do.  I can see minute by minute usage online. One phone racked up .77G  while the phone was home on the wifi.  Appears fraudulent to me.  We upgraded a router in the last few weeks, but phones cleary show wifi indicator.  Phoned Verizon who says cause could be walking to another side of the room!!!!  Never had that issue before.  If walking to another side of the room costs us $10/phone, I'm switching to another carrier.  Customer service rep transferred me to someone to investigate if new router was the problem and I was disconnected.  Don't have time to wait in the phone queue yet one more time.    This is unacceptable since our wireless family bill is already off the charts and now we have to pay exhorbadant overage charges. How can I figure this out without Verizon rep?

Extrememly frustrated and going to shop plans. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: questionable data usage on more than one of our phones at home.
Weth
Legend

The phone keeps track of what apps are using cellular data, look there for what apps are using data.  Settings/Cellular and scroll toward bottom to list of the apps. 

Also also keep in mind the time listed is not to the of usage, but the time the tower reports the usage to Verizon.  This can include anytime in the previous 6 hours (sometimes longer if there was roaming). 

Getting a new new router and having this happen right after is something yo consider. There is wifi dead spots in every house where the phone can switch to cellular. 

Investigating many many of these occurences with friends and family shows that it is real data usage almost every time. It is just about finding the problem, which does require some investigating. 

0 Likes