"Unable to move message" email problems
Rghuff

I got a new iPhone 6s a few weeks ago. From day 1 I have had issues with deleting emails. My husband doesn't get his emails to his phone (S5 I think) so he has me get his too for work and the military so he knows when an urgent email comes through. Ever since I switched, anytime I try to delete emails, I have an alert message pop up that says "unable to move message--the message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash." I have had iPhones for I don't know how many years and we've had these email addresses even longer. We have gmail , yahoo & hotmail, all personal emails. This has never once been an issue until the afternoon I switched from an iPhone 5c and added the email accounts to my device. please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: "Unable to move message" email problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rghuff, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Did you download an e-mail application or are you using the e-mail feature on your device? Are you able to access those e-mail accounts on a PC?

VZWyouyLaVZWaHH_VZW
FollVZWus oVZWSupport@VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rghuff

I am using the email feature standard to the iPhone.

0 Likes
Rghuff

I don't have a computer so I have not tried to log in and delete them from a pc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rghuff,
We are more than happy to step in and do what we can to put an end to the email concerns on your new device. Is this error happening on specific email accounts? Which ones? Have you ever been able to delete any emails? Is this happening on the Cellular Network or WiFi?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Rghuff

We have two hotmail accounts and it only happens on one of them. Both wifi and cellular.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is interesting indeed Rghuff.  I want you to get both of your Hotmail account. I would recommend you removing the email account and http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-email/ reading it. Let me know if that helps.
AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
yorobertaa

This is also happening to me, I have tried EVERYTHING I have googled and it continues to happen... so annnoying

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yorobertaa,

That's alarming to hear. We want to make sure everything works awesome for you. Emails are always crucial. What type of email account do you have? When did this start?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
yorobertaa

Hotmail... About 3 weeks ago

Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/Ox5hz3>

0 Likes