"carrier settings update"....getting a pop up asking me to update, is this real?
Diane2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting a pop up telling me to Update my Carrier settings....always makes me nervous when I see pop ups like this. Is it a real update? What will it do? What will it change?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "carrier settings update"....getting a pop up asking me to update, is this real?
Weth
Legend

As Snn5 has been posting about 100 times today

• Carrier settings updates are small files that are installed on iOS devices. The Carrier settings include updates to Access Point Names (APNs), MMS Settings, features such as tethering and default apps such as Stocks, Maps, and Weather. Having the most up to date Carrier Settings is recommended for the proper functionality of the device.

View solution in original post

Re: "carrier settings update"....getting a pop up asking me to update, is this real?
Weth
Legend

It's real

0 Likes
Diane2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

what does it do though??

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

As Snn5 has been posting about 100 times today

• Carrier settings updates are small files that are installed on iOS devices. The Carrier settings include updates to Access Point Names (APNs), MMS Settings, features such as tethering and default apps such as Stocks, Maps, and Weather. Having the most up to date Carrier Settings is recommended for the proper functionality of the device.
Diane2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you

0 Likes