"iPhone is not activated" error message
gdhayden
Enthusiast - Level 2

I activated my iPhone 6 last night following the activation instructions. Everything is (mostly) working - some text messages will not send yet. But I am receiving a message on the phone saying, "iPhone is not Activated" and gives me an 800 number to call. When I call it, it tells me my device IS activated, and when I log into my Verizon Wireless account, it shows my new phone, as well.

How can I make this error message go away (and, what's up with my texts being so tempermental?)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "iPhone is not activated" error message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new iPhone 6, gdhayden! Very sorry to see that you're having messaging problems. Let's delve into it. Other than the messages, are you haven't any other connection-related problems (such as making or getting calls, connecting to the internet)? Did you have an iPhone before you got the 6? Do you use iMessage?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
gdhayden
Enthusiast - Level 2

No other issues, though my settings for messaging says, "Awaiting activation..."

Some mess hard work, others don't (even to the same person/number).

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
gdhayden
Enthusiast - Level 2

And yes, I had an iPhone 5 prior to this.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
gdhayden
Enthusiast - Level 2

That should say some "messages" not "mess hard"...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gotcha! Thanks for that, gdhayden. The previous ownership of an iPhone indicates that you may have had an Apple ID. I recommend activating that with your new device to ensure that messages are sent correctly. Please go to www.apple.com for assistance.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
gdhayden
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. I did activate with my Apple ID.

However, this does not address my main question in this thread. Why do I get an error message that tells me the iPhone could not be activated when it is already active and working?

Sent from my iPhone

jpriskool

Having same issue.  Verizon has no clue.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried resetting (holding home button and lock button at the same time until it reboots)? Full restore? Not sure if this link will apply to your issue but you can look at it. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201407

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not to mention...was the iPhone 6 you activated new or did you buy it used? If it's new you can contact Apple for support. If it's used it might have a little bit of time left (or it may have ended on 9/19 depending on when the original owner purchased).

0 Likes