"new" iphone6 device?
tobes83

I received my iphone6 via fexex today and as i opened it i noticed the phone where is seals around the edges has some dirt.  I didn't think anything of it, but I also looked at the lifetime call history which has racked up over 3 hours.  I made one slightly longer than 2 minute phone call.  Is my device a returned device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "new" iphone6 device?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Doubt it. Usually there is "test" time on a device so there is time on it. Every device I've ever received had some usage on it...even if I received it from preorder or purchased in store on release day.

0 Likes
tobes83

Hi - I agree to some usage!   However, 3+ hours of talk seems a little bit more than "test" time, no? Especially when a 1 year old iphone5 of mine tops out just over two hours of talk time. Granted it's a second phone, but after a year it is still less than my brand "new" phone.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Mine had 17 hrs lol. I know mine was brand new. I received it the day before the technical release day (got it on the 18th). Moms had 9 hrs I think. My bestfriend says hers had 14hrs. So it seems to be pretty common to have hours on them...and compared to yours our hours were a lot more

0 Likes
tobes83

- interesting and good to know!  Thanks!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

My iphones both of them out of the sealed boxes had 1 minute on them. And that was because the store guy made a test call.

Hours upon hours listed on call history under minutes used lifetime should be a minute or two, not hours.

If you looked at your creation date for your device (on date) and it has months listed. I would return both.

Devices are tested at random, not every device.

Good Luck

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

How do you find the On Date?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Btw...I just looked up some info and it appears that if you restored the new device with a backup then the usage for some reason comes over with it. IDK if that's true but it keeps coming up so its something to consider. Can always ask Apple directly about that too.

0 Likes
tobes83

Elector - see that was how I felt about it and why I was suspicious.  That and that there is some "dirt" looking stuff at the lip where the front of the phone meets the back at the top.  Not sure if it's glue or something else?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you restore this iphone with a backup from your previous one? If so then that appears to be where the lifetime usage is actually coming from.

0 Likes