second hand phone hook up
ChoiKani

Hi, I bought an iPhone 5 from my friend as mine was run over a bunch of times and passed away. She upgraded to the 6. I tried hooking it up and restoring the phone. I'll my apps and info loaded up but it's still her phone number and apple id. I'm Verizon and she is at&t. what do we do to make this work. We both have not done this and I have know phone to call around for help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: second hand phone hook up
Not applicable

AT&T iPhone will not function on Verizon. I have read that even if it did you would get limited use of the device.

The Sim card has to a Verizon one and not an AT&T Sim.

Get your money back. Doubtful it will operate on Verizon Wireless

Good Luck

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

A friend claims to have made an AT&T iPhone work on VZW but she used a VZW SIM card. Maybe that would work...just not sure if there will be some things that won't work. That's usually the case when using a phone from a different carrier.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep I read that here on the forum as well.

maybe a Verizon Sim will operate the AT&T phone.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's only possible if there is VoLTE in the area.

CDMA will not work without the IMEI of that device in Verizon's database. This is why people want VoLTE and retire CDMA.

0 Likes
ChoiKani

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Apparently AT&T has to unlock the phone and it takes a few days. I was live catting with a verizon rep and she talked me through the whole switcharoo of the SIM card and of coarse the AT&T iPhone did not recognize the card and said it was unauthorized and to contact Apple and AT&T. the previous owner called AT&T and they said they can make it work by canting the inner code. Something to do with protecting the the phone against theft. Verizon said it can be fixed. So fingers crossed. Thanks again. I'll let you know what happens next in a few days.

0 Likes
ChoiKani

That does not sound to good. I live on an outer hawaiian island.

0 Likes