stolen phone
Harleysc

Phone was stolen. I have an old phone to activate. My quesion is, when i activate the new one, will both phones recieve my calls and messages, ect.? Do i need to change number? emails? all of the above?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: stolen phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is disappointing to see that your phone was stolen Harleysc. We want to be sure you have the best options. When you activate an old phone, all of your calls and texts will go to that device. We recommend suspending your current phone to ensure no one is able to use it http://vz.to/1qV8Q4b . If you did not have a passcode on the phone that was stolen, we recommend changing your personal passwords for your email accounts etc. to ensure it can not be accessed on the old device. Your phone number would not need to be changed. Are you aware of how to activate the old phone? Did you have insurance on the device that was stolen?

RashadM_VZW

0 Likes
Harleysc

Thanks. I hadn't suspended the phone yet because i did the search on here to notify me if/when it connected to the internet. But so far its been unsuccessful. So i'll suspend it now.

It was my sons phone. I did not have insurance on it. I will get him a new one eventually, but he can use this older one for a while.

Thanks or the quick responce and info.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Harleysc -

You're welcome. It's always our pleasure to assist you. Thank you for being a loyal member of the Verizon family. If you ever need us, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful day.

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes