why can't I hear
LAUSTO21

I am so frustrated with my Iphone.  Often, I can't hear who I am talking to at all and I have to put it on speaker phone just to hear.  They can hear me fine, I just can't hear them.  What's wrong with my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why can't I hear
a320hockey

Take a look at your screen.  Use the volume button to increase or decrease.  Normally, when u do this it says "RINGER" when you move the volume up and down.  If it says headphones, the phone is in fact stuck in the headphone mode so people can hear you but you can't hear them.  Speaker mode will work fine as you probably noticed.

1.  Stick a headphone jack in the headphone jack outlet A couple of times.

2.  swipe up from bottom screen where u can access airplane mode and other things.  Swipe to left for the second screen where you see music.  Down on the bottom it should say

"iPhone". Vs headphone when the headphone is not plugged in.  If it says hone when NOT plugged in, it's stuck.  Keep plugging headphone in and out.  I've also tried powering phone off.

one time after an hour of frustration I went to bed.  Next morning it fixed itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LAUSTO21, ensuring you have a properly working phone is our goal. Help is here. When did this issue begin? So sorry to ask but has there been any damage to the device? a320hockey, these are awesome troubleshooting steps. LAUSTO21, has there been any troubleshooting attempted on the device? If so, what has been done thus far?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LAUSTO21

Hi,

Thanks for the help but I have tried all of these things.  There has been no damage to my phone and it is always in a case.  I have updated the software, even going so far as restoring my phone and starting over with the settings.  I have done all of the basic things that any of the trouble shooting questions say.  I don't really know what to do at this point.  Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have worked so hard with troubleshooting, thanks for that. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. At this point, we will want to take a closer look. I have sent you a Private Message so we can get you up and running.

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes