why does my iphone 6 plus have worse call reception then my iphone 4?
woody-wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received my new iphone 6+ the other day and got it all hooked up but I notice that my cellular connection is very poor on the iphone 6+ compared to my iphone 4. The iphone 4 had full signal and my iphone 6+ has minimal signal and drops calls? I thought spending all this money and upgrading to the latest technology would be a benefit but it actually has retarded my ability to make the same calls from the same place as my old iphone.

Would love some technical support to figure out why I can't pick up the same signal strength if not better from my expensive new phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: why does my iphone 6 plus have worse call reception then my iphone 4?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

woody-wood,
Let's look further into this in effort to resolve your concern! What zip code are you located in and does this only take place indoors? Try navigating to Settings-->Cellular-->Enable LTE--> and choose Voice and Data. Please test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
woody-wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

My zip code is 98223. This happens indoor and outdoor plus I already had enabled LTE voice and data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

woody-wood we'll pinpoint the issue and get you connected! You are surrounded by our extended 4G area so this will cause the signal to fluctuate, especially using Advanced Calling. To cross all bases, please disable LTE for voice. Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
woody-wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

207.JPG

I disabled LTE voice and the signal went full, 5 circles, then a second later it went to 1 to 2 circles where it stays. I switched it back to voice and data and it did the same thing. Then I repeated these switches over a period of time with the exact same outcome. I turned the phone on airplane mode then turned it off and it grabbed 4 circles then returned to 1 circle but that method is the only time I see LTE up by the circles.  Never had an issue getting full circles on my last iphone. Inserted picture is taken from my house and I am on top of the hill so I don't think I am being obstructed.

numb5kul11

Having a very similar issue, and noticed the same thing when switching settings around.

Called support last night and while they tried to help, it didn't help at all.  Their best resolution at this point is a new SIM card...which lets be real...isn't going to fix anything.  There are 5 other Verizon cell phones in my house, not a single one has signal quality or call dropping issues.

This IPhone 6 Plus, particularly over the last week and a few days, has become almost unusable for voice calls.

0 Likes
woody-wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two iphone 6+'s on verizon in my house and both have this issue, 2 iphone 6's with at&t and they both get great reception and one iphone 5 with Verizon that gets good reception at my house as well.

This has to be a software or firmware issue in the 6+'s or recognition of the 6+'s through Verizon network.

I know I keep saying "can you hear me know."

I would like a resolution to this issue or compensation for lack of service, half service should be half price!

0 Likes
woody-wood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to keep you posted my issue still drops calls and I always have terrible signal and its not my area because other Verizon people have great reception at my house just not Iphone 6+ owners.

Have you guys pinpointed the issue to keep me connected? Is there something in the works at Verizon to solve this issue that apparently I'm not the only one with?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're still having issues with service woody-wood. Have we file a trouble-ticket for your area issues? If not, this may be the next step. We can also look into a warranty replacement of your phone. You can send us a private message or reach out to us on Twitter or Facebook.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Martz123

I am having the same problems as the customers in this string and many others. Very frustrating as I have made so many calls to Verizon about and this have been unfairly held through my cancellation window while they try to figure it out. Apple even gave me a new SIM, card, and a new iPhone, however same problems. I'm a tech literate person and quite confused. Just want to cancel the service. Someone from corporate call me, please. And at least acknowledge this issue before the media does--it will make things worse if they get to it first.

0 Likes