why does my phone keep dropping calls after installing IOS 10?
shawngoldthwait
Enthusiast - Level 1

After installing IOS 10, I have had a lot of problems. First, I have really bad signal when I know I should have a good signal. My phone drops calls constantly. Second, people have a hard time hearing me on the other end.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: why does my phone keep dropping calls after installing IOS 10?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shawngoldthwait,

We want all your calls to stay connected and be heard crystal clear. How long has it been since the software update. Does this happen on all your calls? Send us your area zip code.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TRISTARROT
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 6s plus is awful as a phone but great as a computer. I have to use my husbands android to make a call because no one can hear me on my iPhone

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Having a fully functioning phone is definitely important Lori, so I completely understand your concern. Lets get your calls working right so everyone can hear you.

How long have you had this issue? Does it happen with every call or only with certain calls? What's the software version on your phone  iPhone 6s and 6s Plus Updates Support | Verizon Wireless ?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shawngoldthwait
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated in early October when 10 came out. The update made my service TERRIBLE (constantly dropping calls, no signal, people couldn't hear me). Recently, I updated to 10.1.1. The signal is a little bit better, but not a lot better and now when I call someone, as soon as they pick up it says call failed and hangs up. If they call me back, I can answer it. My zip code is 03038

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Shawngoldthwait. I'm sorry to hear this issue still persists. I am showing that zip code does have challenging service. Does it improve in other areas? How about outside?

JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shawngoldthwait
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know if it improves in other places. I drive the same 9 miles to work every day. Since the update, my phone drops calls on my route to work, when it didn't do it before. My signal is a lot worse. Also, when I call my girlfriend (which i do at least 3x per day) as soon as she picks up, I cant hear her and then my phone says call failed. About once in 20x she will answer and I will hear her, but that has only happened 2 times in the last month. Every other time it says call failed about 10 seconds after she picks up. I have called other people and it is not a problem. Only her number is doing it!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shawngoldthwait, you’ve supplied us with some very helpful information. Let’s keep working on your service concerns to see what’s going on. Are you using Wi-Fi Calling? Since this has been happening, have you powered your phone off ( taken SIM Card out ) for at least 1-2 minutes, put SIM Card back in and power the phone on again? http://spr.ly/65848Jet6 Can you please keep us posted on the outcome to see if service gets any better.

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes