why does the Alert and the second alert in the event details not work correctly
corlight

Under the event details in Calendar you have two options to alert you of an up coming event.  The fires is "Alert" located under calendar...If you tap that it gives you options such as 5 minutes before, one hour before etc.  Once you make a selection, the screen reverts back to event details screes.  Under the "Alert" function is now a "Second Alert" option, again to give the person a second reminder of an upcoming event.  With the lasted software upgrade with Apple this function does not function correctly.  When you choose the reminder option for the first alert, then choose a different option for the second alert which is different then the first. They both Alert and Second Alert revert to whatever you choose the second time.  I hope this makes sense to everyone.  This was never this way prior the the IOS9.  I called Apple and they explained that the Second Alert - is set to remind a person the day before the event, and the alert(first) is for the day of the event.  I'm I missing something here????  Confusing and backwards......

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: why does the Alert and the second alert in the event details not work correctly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

corlight,

I rely on my event alerts heavily too. I know it's important to have your calendar alerts set up properly. I'll be happy to help address this for you. What model iPhone do you have? Have to performed the latest software update? Any other recent changes on your device?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: why does the Alert and the second alert in the event details not work correctly
mrscravitz

Mine does not work either! And I too, rely on the alerts. I have missed appointments because of this not working. ALSO, when I go to search my contacts, which I KNOW is in there, it will not search them. I have to now scroll thru my long list of contacts to find who I need to call.

0 Likes