22Mbps is a dream speed now with a Jetpack
Innova
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've used my Jetpack all over my area of Southern California. It's not a faulty Jetpack. I've resigned myself that the most I will ever get is 1-2 Mbps.  4 bars? 1-2 Mbps. 2 miles from the tower? 1-2 Mbps.

I can browse the net OK with those speeds (barely) .If I ever settle in one place, the thing to do is to try other networks that somehow get better speeds. I got one Verizon hotspot that got me 22 Mbps and was jazzed. Then I go to a Airbnb place using whatever they have (not using my JetPack) and got 3 times that speed. Jetpacks are cool, for a rover like myself. The last two areas I was at were somewhat rural with only two bars showing, but doing their speed test and getting 0 Mbps was disheartenig. I can still get to the net with a big delay, which I am grateful for. I got 500 Kbps.

It's like being low on data and having an iPhone throttled back due to low data, only I have plenty. That's what it's like using my Jetpack in 5 areas in my region, which isn't in the sticks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 22Mbps is a dream speed now with a Jetpack
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Innova, we want to make sure that you're getting nothing but stellar speeds on your Jetpack. Can you please confirm for me the make and model of the Jetpack device do you have? You can always check the coverage area in the places that you travel by following this link to our coverage map https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/ KevinR_VZW

0 Likes