Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Account hacked?
craighumphrey

that caller ID shows as coming from myslf- specifically the way that I am identified by caller ID when I call my wife. The call was automated and told me that my Verizon account had been suspended due to suspicious activity. In my call log, the call is identified with my name and when I try to open it, I am immediately prompted to enter my password.

It seems to me that this means my Verizon account was hacked and the hacker used my wife's contact list to make the bogus call. What should I do to deal with this?

0 Likes
Re: Account hacked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi craighumphrey

I'm sorry to hear you are getting these odd calls. Did you give them any information? Did you get a link that would log you into your account?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
craighumphrey

I didn't give them any information and I didn't get a link.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

This just sounds like a phishing attempt to get your Verizon password. It appears that your account has not been hacked, but if you had supplied your password when asked, it would have been hacked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Perfect. In that case, your account security should be fine. EstavanC_VZW

0 Likes