Another iPhone 7 User who keeps "losing the signal"
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got an iPhone 7 on Verizon's network (purchased through Apple directly) and I have constantly had the occurrence of "no signal". We recently relocated to Monroe Township, NJ and my wife and I are both using our iPhones for directions (the Apple Map app). Very disturbing when you don't know where you are going and the phone loses signal! Both our phones have been updated to iOS 10 BUT this does not happen - and she generally gets better signal strength and never loses the signal - on her phone which is an iPhone 6 Plus.

There have been multiple threads all over various boards (here, Apple MacRumors, etc.) about this issue. The only way - at least for the past day and a half - to improve this is to turn OFF LTE for voice (set it for data only). Prior to making this change the "no signal" came up 6 or 7 times in two days.

A solution from Verizon would be nice, since apparently Sprint already had Apple push an updated carrier instructions (or whatever it is called). They went from 25.1 to 25.2 and the problem - from what I have read - seems to have stopped. Would be nice if Verizon would get their act together.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Another iPhone 7 User who keeps "losing the signal"
andrewt_vzw
Verizon Employee

SW1952,

Our priority is always to keep you connected and your service working awesome. I'm concerned to hear that isn't working well. I'm glad you found a work around that helps but that shouldn't be needed. What is the zip code there? Does it seem to only be in this area or wherever you go?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PATMUL14

I have the same issue. I thought it was hardware related so I traded in my iPhone 7 128gb for a new one.... and the problem is still occurring. PLEASE FIX!!! (Rochester NY)

0 Likes
PATMUL14

There is another large thread on this

iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..

0 Likes
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

We currently live in New Jersey (zip code 08831) but this issue has occurred in many areas around New York and New Jersey - it is NOT a weak signal in particular areas because my wife's iPhone 6Plus (also running iOS 10) does not have this issue.

Thanks for replying

0 Likes
Maxey05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue on my iPhone 7 Plus!.. Terrible signal.. They need to fix ASAP!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Who is they?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The silly thing is phones were not meant to be a substitute for being able to read a map!

0 Likes
Maxey05
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon or Apple needs to fix this!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It's an apple issue.

0 Likes