Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Appraisal trade-in for $0 iPhone 7 promotion does not provide correct amount
TRANTA04

I purchased 4 iPhones 7 on 9/212016 during the $0 iPhone 7 promotion. I tried to do the trade-in 2 iPhones (6 and 5s) using the online

appraisal tool. The estimation tool does not provide the correct amount for trade-in devices as the Verizon website states and promises that I suppose to get $650 for iPhone 6 and $400 for iPhone 5s.

Should I just accept whatever amount it gives and go ahead to process mailing in my devices with a hope that Verizon will adjust the amount accordingly later after they receive my trade-in devices? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Appraisal trade-in for $0 iPhone 7 promotion does not provide correct amount
christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee
TRANTA04,

We definitely want you to be able to receive the promotion you should be. Just to ensure you are in the correct spot, you do want to visit vzw.com/device-recycle You want to ensure you are signed into your My Verizon account online first and also have your new iPhone 7's activated on your account before submitting the trade in. When going through the trade in, select the correct device to trade in & answer the questions. You should see the appraised device and the promotional value split up over 24 months. If you are seeing something different, you will want to reach out to our Trade In department at 800-416-8894. They will ensure you receive the proper amount.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Appraisal trade-in for $0 iPhone 7 promotion does not provide correct amount
christinej_vzw
Verizon Employee
TRANTA04,

We definitely want you to be able to receive the promotion you should be. Just to ensure you are in the correct spot, you do want to visit vzw.com/device-recycle You want to ensure you are signed into your My Verizon account online first and also have your new iPhone 7's activated on your account before submitting the trade in. When going through the trade in, select the correct device to trade in & answer the questions. You should see the appraised device and the promotional value split up over 24 months. If you are seeing something different, you will want to reach out to our Trade In department at 800-416-8894. They will ensure you receive the proper amount.

ChristineJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

I applied for the trade in amount during the ordering process for iPhone 7 - did you do that? It was a question during ordering. If you are doing it now, you should have done it with the order as the $650 offer is no longer available after Sept 30.

0 Likes
TRANTA04

Hi Weth,

Thank you for your response. I did applied when I ordered the iPhones 7, but I could only do it for one while I wanted to do trade in for 2. While I was trying to find a way to apply for 2's a chat tech logged in and offered to help me and she said that I could do it later and recommended that I just ordered the iPhone's 7 for now and do the trade in later after I received the phones.  I listened to her and just ordered the phones only without applying the trade in. When I received the phones on Oct 7 I activated the phones and logged in the Verizon website and tried to do the trade in as recommended that I could not get the promotion amount for both trade  in iPhones. I even came to a local Verizon Corporate Store last Saturday and they could not do it neither. They just said I should try it online since I ordered the phones online.

0 Likes
TRANTA04

Hello ChristineJ_VZW,

I did activated the phones and logged into Verizon website before trying to do the trade in. I just tried to do it again according to your instructions and I still got the same result as before. I will call the Trade in department for help as you recommended.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes