Be Very Wary About Buying an iPhone 7 on Verizon at the Moment
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just wanted to put a friendly notice out to everyone - since Verizon remains silent on the issue.

There is something SERIOUSLY WRONG with the iPhone 7 on Verizon.

Constantly dropping LTE coverage out in the wild AND will not stay connected to 4G LTE Network Extender (I believe they are directly related issues)

Verizon refuses to acknowledge the issue or give any insight as to what may be going on.

If you ask a question about it via 611 or on the forums the Verizon customer support only provides a very basic trouble shooting - it eventually ends up in a frustrating loop.

Until Verizon issues a statement or a fix for this issue - all iphone 7 buyers should be put on notice that there is a VERY REAL ISSUE that VERIZON REFUSES TO ACKNOWLEDGE.

It is on every forum - Reddit, Howardforums, Macrumors.

I suspect larger media outlets will pick this issue up soon and shine some light on the issue.

There are multiple ticket issues ongoing with Tier 2 support, however no updates have been provided.

The radio silence on this issue is deeply troubling.

Be advised.

Labels (1)
Re: Be Very Wary About Buying an iPhone 7 on Verizon at the Moment
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

I have seen these issues on different forums.  From what I am reading, it looks to be location based.  I am in PHX, have 3 iPhone 7's and have not experienced this specific issue. 

OP - What location are you experiencing this issue?

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is NOT location based. 

I am in Michigan and it is iPhone 7 based.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

I agree Roadblocked, its NOT location based. I am experiencing the same problems in/around the metro Denver area and all along the Front Range with my iPhone 7 Plus. My wife who uses a 6S Plus does not experience ANY of the same issues when we travel around the city and area together. It's absolutely phone based and has nothing to do with location.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Since the phone is designed for wifi calling, I would expect network extenders to be obsolete on any network.  I haven't heard of any other problems other than the "hissing", which is rare and not network specific.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Certainly seems to be affecting a small portion of people that got the iPhone 7. That always makes getting traction with Verizon or Apple more difficult. The affected group is using social media to try to get more attention. Two 7s here with no connection problems. There are lots of theories right now, but no answers.  The leading cause seems to be a software issue (Verizon carrier vs. Apple) and a handoff problem between cell sites.

..and only since it seems to be something that really irks Roadblocked​  I wonder if WIFI calling works when you are in the No Service situation. I did not see anyone testing that.

0 Likes
RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

There is no report from Apple that what you are experiencing is phone based.

0 Likes
ROCKET1267
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Toledo ohio. I bought the iPhone 7 the day it came out an had all kinda of service issues it never wants to hold service sometimes goes to no service. I miss a lot of phone calls. I took it to Verizon they changed the sim and it was doing it right after so they said try goin to apple to store and I did they exchanged the phone and I'm still haveing the same issues so it must be something with the service. If anything it's worse with the new phone. Hopefully they figure something out cuz I really just want my iPhone 6 back.

RMCCAMMAN
Contributor - Level 2

Still have not experienced this issue and we have three iPhone 7's.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Your lucky then RMCCAMMAN... we just have 1 x iPhone 7 Plus and two iPhone 6S's on our account... the only phone with reception/connectivity issues is the iPhone 7. The iPhone 6S Plus's work perfectly and don't have any signal/connectivity issues.

0 Likes