Blank messages received on iPhone 7+
trumbull_kathy2017

I have several (7) blank messages; no number, no contact, no message when you open. Does this happen when you have someone blocked and they still send you messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blank messages received on iPhone 7+
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trumbull.kathy2017, making sure we find the mystery to these blank messages is a must. Thanks for reaching out to us here. How long has this been going on? What messaging application are you using? Are you only getting blank messages from people who you have blocked?

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
trumbull_kathy2017

This has happened several times over the last few months. I use iMessage,

the regular messaging that comes on your iPhone. I do not use any apps. I

do not know who the blank messages are from...I was asking if that's what

comes through when you have someone blocked.

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying that this issue is with iMessage messages, trumbull.kathy2017. My resources indicate that iMessage messages are transported over Apple servers and we do not have any control over those messages. Please reach out to Apple for assistance with iMessage issues. You can contact them at 800-692-7753, or online at https://support.apple.com/iphone

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trumbull.kathy2017,

We truly appreciate the details you've shared with us. From the information we have, if someone has been blocked, you'd never know if they sent a message. You'd get no indication on your phone at all. However, we did check to see if there are any known issues with the phone itself, but we were unable to find any. We mentioned contacting Apple before and we apologize, but we're unable to confirm that the issue is related to iMessages just yet. On the messages that come through, is there a date and time listed?

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer'  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
trumbull_kathy2017

No, they are completely blank.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 12:49 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trumbull.kathy2017, we’ll certainly help you get down to the bottom of this. By chance are the messages coming through as iMessages (blue bubble) or regular messages (green bubble)? Within the past few months did you have an update on the phone?

Tionnab_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes