CANT RECEIVE VERIFICATION CODES ON VERIZON IPHONE
JEDII
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recently changed from the Verizon Postpaid Unlimited Plan to the Verizon Prepaid 5GB Plan.   I have spent hours over the last two weeks trying to fix the following problems to no avail.  

First, I can no longer receive the short code verification text from anyone but Verizon.  I'm getting regular 10 digit text messages, but not short code text (i.e., from banks, etc) and it's a major problem.

Second, I am constantly having to dial phone numbers twice to get connected.  Its like my phone number is fully ported to Verizon's network.  Which is odd, because I've on the Verizon network for almost 15 years now. 

Lastly, and this is the rant part of this message.  I have hours -  H O U R S - on the Verizon Chat, on the phone with Verizon Customer Service, and even in a local Verizon Store.  The folks at the Verizon Store replaced the SIM card, and for a brief period (overnight) everything seemed good.  But then the same problems came back to life. 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - who do I contact to fix these problems.  I'm so frustrated at this point I'm dang near ready to move on to a carrier.  Please, someone body tell me how to fix these issues. 

Thank you.

Joe D.

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CANT RECEIVE VERIFICATION CODES ON VERIZON IPHONE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the text messages you need, and your calls working correctly is definitely important, and I would be more than happy to help you out with getting both of these issues taken care of today. Have you had one of our representatives take a a look at the provisioning for your line to ensure that you have the correct text message configuration to allow these types of messages? If not, this would be the first recommendation. If the line is provisioned correctly, I would then recommend having out Tier 2 Technical Support team submit a ticket for the issue. In regard to the calling I would be more than happy to take a look, and see if we can spot anything that would be the cause of the issue. Please send us a Private Message, so we can get started. 

0 Likes
MIG1021

Omg! I purchased a brand new unlocked phone and transferred my 15-ish year service and now I have the same issue! They also "upgraded" my plan in the store, but just told me sorry because I no longer get verification codes or can do video calls or get caller id. I don't understand at all! Galaxy Fold. I wish I had just kept my crazy old phone. I'm about ready to switch carriers too!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, MIG1021. We know how important it is be able to receive verification codes from companies can be. To confirm, in your Settings > Message, do you have SMS messaging turned on, and have we confirmed that the feature is added on your line of service?  *Cassie

0 Likes