Call waiting feature
JJOHNS1

The call waiting features are not working.  When I am on the phone and a second call comes in the second caller does not hear the beep signaling that I am on the phone.  If I don't put my current call on hold and answer the second call i lose the call.  Please advise.  This is very frustrating because all cell phone users are accustom to hearing the "beep" to know that you are on the phone.  People calling me are telling me later " I called but it just rang and rang, no answer. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call waiting feature
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you keeping us up to speed, JJOHNS1. We have researched the call waiting feature for your device and we certainly want to be on the same page. Thank you for working with us.
Our resources indicate that call waiting is not a feature of devices using HD voice (formerly advanced calling). If you have HD voice activated the call waiting feature is not an option at this time. I have sent you a private message to go over additional details.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mrenna

Thanks!  I thought I was going crazy! 

Calling my wife, it jrang with no tone at the end of the ring, then went to voice mail.  Mentioned it to her and she said she was on the phone.  She could see / hear me calling in but didn't take my call.  Tried it a couple other times - same issue.  Used her phone to call my phone when I was in a call... same thing - the caller does not hear the 'they are in a call' tone at the end of the ring.

We noticed this in the last couple days.  Surprised yours is the first post about this.  I guess it's not something she enabled / disabled on her phone by accident...

0 Likes
mrenna

I thought I could get some answers contacting VZW through twitter.  after 10s of minutes of back and forth, they said 'you have a business account and you need to call customer service'.

They said they hadn't heard of the issue.  Just you and us? I don't think so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern and want to help you resolve this, JJOHNS1. Let's get a bit more information in order to better assist you. What kind of phone do you have? When did you first notice this?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mrenna, we want you to be able to communicate with the people in your life. When did this start? Does it happen with all numbers or only specific ones?

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JJOHNS1

I got a new I phone 7 in early January 2017, the problem has been happening ever since.  It was not a problem on my old I phone 5. 

0 Likes
mrenna

interesting!  My wife and I both have 1 1/2 year old 6?  6S?  (same phones for 1 1/2 years). Haven't wiped / restored it recently, just occasional shut down / restart.   Only significant changes was the usual iOS updates and adding an app here or there on both phones. We have 4 phones on the account.  not sure if the other 2 have the problem.

Something else I just recently noticed is that we stopped getting the data alerts at 50, 75, 90% as emails and text messages.  That stopped in September although we routinely go over at least 50%.

It frustrates me that if you call support, they immediately tell you to check your spam filter for email / look to blame something else. We have it going to 3 different email addresses each on different domains (gmail, business domain and a personal domain so they all have their own / different spam filters) and we aren't getting texts either.  There's no spam filter on texts : )

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern and want to help anyway we can. Have you checked the alerts section of My Verizon to ensure the alerts are enabled? Please follow this link for more information: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/my-verizon-alerts-and-notifications-faqs/

EstebanP_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mrenna

we have a business account and log in starting at:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/business/

I haven't found anywhere to set alerts currently.  I DO remember doing that a while ago - choosing 50 & 75% in addition to the already checked 90% and 100%, entering emails in addition to the phone numbers on the account to get the alerts and it worked fine for months / years.  But as of September they stoppe coming in.

Can you spell out the steps to find that page on the website when logged into our account?.  I search for help on alerts and it doesn't find anything.

My problem with not getting alerts started in september.  Coincidentally, there's all kinds of articles around that time about this issue.

Why not admit you changed something?

Some Verizon Customers Say They Aren’t Getting Data Overage Alerts Anymore – Consumerist

Verizon Not Sending Data Usage Text Alerts Anymore, Leading To Overage Charges, Customers Say - Acro...

0 Likes
JJOHNS1

The alerts section did not solve my issue.

0 Likes