Can't receive verification text messages on phone from Verizon
elsievo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've talked to Verizon but the issue has never been resolved.

Around early December of 2019 I could no long receive the 6 digit verification code to access my Verizon account via text message. Prior to that time I could receive the code via text message, but now get a link to https://govzw.com/(nine alpha-numeric code). When I click on the link I either get "Safari can't connect to the server at this time" or an orange screen with white text "Sorry we are not able to process your request at this time"

If I ask for the verification to be sent to my email on my computer, no problem, just takes longer.

I can send and receive texts normally otherwise so I know the text messaging on the phone works, just not the verification code from Verizon.

Any ideas of what can be done. I've looked at other threads but they don't seem to address this particular issue.

Labels (1)
Re: Can't receive verification text messages on phone from Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greetings to you, elsievo! As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. We've noted your reference to having contacted Verizon around December of 2019 that you're no longer able to receive the six-digit verification code via text message to access your My Verizon account. I apologize, and we'll do everything we can to assist you in resolving this issue. I also  noticed the website link you've shared with our team (http://spr.ly/66071m4xh alpha-numeric code) and that you're receiving a "Safari can't connect to the server at this time" or viewing an orange screen with white text stating "Sorry we are not able to process your request at this time." Although we're glad to hear that you're able to send and receive text messages regularly, we're not happy to hear that you're unable to receive verification codes from Verizon. Since we will need account-specific information from you, we’ll need your permission to gain access to your account. Please check your Inbox as we’ve sent a Private Message to you regarding on this topic:

http://spr.ly/66081m4I6

We look forward to continuing to work with you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
BLUELADY2255
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue I do not like the verification process to log onto my account anymore it is a pain

0 Likes
BLUELADY2255
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with the Apple 11 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to easily manage the account. Are you using the My Verizon app or accessing the site on a computer when requesting the code? Are you also able to receive green SMS texts as normal?  YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
BLUELADY2255
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us, BlueLady2255. Let's look further into this. Are you able to send picture message and receive them. What zip code are you in?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
BLUELADY2255
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
Momalia11

I have different number with a different SIM card, so is there a way I can verify with my email instead? Same phone btw

0 Likes