Can't send video by text after recent carrier update
LB911
Enthusiast - Level 2

I noticed a few weeks ago that my iPhone 7 recently did an automatic carrier/network update to Verizon 29.2, and ever since then, I cannot send videos in a text message using the Verizon network...but using iMessage to send videos to other iPhones works fine.  So I checked my iPad and it's still running Verizon version 29.0 and I can send videos just fine.  So my problem appears to be caused by the latest carrier/network update on my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send video by text after recent carrier update
LB911
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I just noticed I had a carrier update pending so I updated to version 30.1 and then restarted my phone and now texting videos appears to work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LB911, getting your video messages working is essential. What happens when you try to send a video? Do you have problems with calls or browsing data (with WiFi off)?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LB911
Enthusiast - Level 2

It gives me an error saying Message Send Failure and Not Delivered.  Screenshot below.  And I have not noticed any other problems with calls or browsing data with WiFi off.

IMG_3899.PNG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate that screenshot, LB911. Let's keep digging here. I know you mentioned issues with videos, but how are picture &/or group messages (non-iMessage)? Picture or group messages go over data as well & wanted to know if you have the same issues. Also, is this occurring with just specific contacts or all of them?

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LB911
Enthusiast - Level 2

Videos sent to groups where all recipients have iMessage will work fine. But groups that have at least 1 non-iMessage give me the same error message but only when sending videos. Pictures go through fine regardless of the recipient(s) even in group messages. And so far this problem has been happening with every non-iPhone contact I have tried. I first noticed the problem on Oct 30th and I remember my phone telling me it did a carrier update shortly before that date which is why I think that’s the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful information, LB911. The carrier updates are meant to enhance and improve your experience. We'll get to the bottom of this. How long is the video length of your videos? Are you able to send videos through email or any other app?

Verizon_Customer_Serivce

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the *Correct Answer* button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LB911
Enthusiast - Level 2

The videos I’ve been using for troubleshooting are 38 seconds and 23 seconds long. I can email the videos with no problem. Also, I can text the videos just fine to any contact using my iPad (that has a data plan through VZW), but the exact same video that I try to send to the same contact on my phone doesn’t work. Note in my original post that my iPad has not had the carrier updates.

0 Likes
NEIIVE24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was there any more help after this?  I am having the exact same problem, if there is a single person on a group text without an iPhone I can't send a video.  I can send the same video if I remove that person. 

0 Likes
LB911
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope! Never heard anything else from Verizon and I’m still having the exact same problem. I tried to find a way to bring my thread back to the top to get someone‘s attention but couldn’t figure it out.

0 Likes
LB911
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any updates on this issue since I’m still having problems?

0 Likes