Cannot receive short-code SMS texts
meredithx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not receiving short-code SMS texts such as verification texts from multiple services like Google and Uber. I have an iPhone 7. I have repeatedly checked and I am giving them my correct phone number, but I am not getting their texts. I am not having issues with sending or receiving other texts, and I have thoroughly checked my phone settings. I even reset my carrier settings recently, but still not getting short code SMS.

Labels (1)
Re: Cannot receive short-code SMS texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meredithx, It's essential that we get your short-code texts working. How long has this been going on? Has this worked for any service?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
meredithx
Enthusiast - Level 1

It works for some things but not for Uber.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Meredithx, when you are waiting for a ride we know that you need that confirmation. If you are receiving those short code messages from other services, then we know that this is working properly. This would also mean that these messages are not blocked. Is the cellular data turned on in your phone settings? Have you ever received these messages from Uber on this device? 

LorenB_VZW Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  

0 Likes
KERWIL8

I am also having this same issue. I am no longer receiving 2 step authentication codes from Google so I can't currently access my gmail account. This was working earlier this week. I am receiving other text messages with no problem today but am suddenly not able to receive the short code messages from Google. I am on an iPhone 7. This is a huge issue for me. Please help! Thank you!!

0 Likes
FrankKBklyn

I too am unable to receive short code SMS. Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand the importance of receiving short codes. Let's get this figured out. Do you have a block for internet messages or any other messaging block? Click here to review the block that is in place. http://spr.ly/6581Dc6Mx

Alberto_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ldensch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this problem as well. I am unable to receive short-code SMS texts from Tumblr. I do not have any numbers blocked, nor do I have internet messages blocked. Tumblr is currently the only site I am having problems with. The phone number associated with my Tumblr account is up to date, and I have received short-code SMS texts from Tumblr in the past.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Ldensch, I am happy to hear that most of your short message is working. I want to make sure your Tumblr concerns are resolved as well. Since all other services are working, this would point to there being an error directly with Tumblr. Have you had a chance to reach out to them directly? It might be a known issue.

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
ldensch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been unable to get a response from Tumblr, which is why I am posting here. Because I'm unable to make any progress on that end, I was hoping Verizon would have a solution, as my phone seems to be the issue here.

0 Likes